1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

1 hour ago, Gremlin56 said:

Er, no. What's the problem? 

No, just wanna see the build as I have to fight with the old Emhar kit and be nice to see the model from better kit. 

Edited by Kris B
Change
  • Like 1

Modelers burn out, I think that a lot of us suffer with that at some time.

But nice to see that you have been busy sorting out some new builds.

I also see that the Whippet has been on the vino....

Simon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kris B said:

No, just wanna see the build as I have to fight with the old Emhar kit and be nice to see the model from better kit. 

Oh, okay Kris, actually just messing around with the Takom model at the moment, not really a serious build yet. The fit is great although I question the necessity of some of the PE calls here. I'll post some more pic's of progress if you are interested,

cheers

Julian

22 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Modelers burn out, I think that a lot of us suffer with that at some time.

But nice to see that you have been busy sorting out some new builds.

I also see that the Whippet has been on the vino....

Simon.

Thinking of doing a small dio of a burned out tank crewman explaining that the battlefield isn't fun, that brings in the Champagne and Cognac bottles in a crate. The problem of choosing which direction to go is mainly time and choice and also being spoiled rotten on choice :unsure: The "Slug" is rather interesting though, plenty of innards to work on, can you believe they squeezed between 17 and 28 crewmen into these things?

:blink:

• Like 1

He fooled everyone with "Rasta Chant", most h*r*y" text ever IMHO. That one did make the charts because not many could make out what he was singing. If you can get hold of it enjoy,

otherwise drop me a PM. :blink: Bought loads of his albums om tape when I was in dock in Malta during a rather wild and adventurous youth before I became a serious and well behaved citizen :P A genuinely funny guy who made long ocean voyages more enjoyable.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

during a rather wild and adventurous youth before I became a serious and well behaved citizen :P

Really when did you start behaving  :shrug:

Looks like MO and Jo have gone on their merry way again but when did you start the Whippet keeping that one a secret were you  :like:

Like the look of all the old WW1 stuff something about the big flat sided slabs of plate steel and basic engineering

beefy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

Really when did you start behaving  :shrug:

Looks like MO and Jo have gone on their merry way again but when did you start the Whippet keeping that one a secret were you  :like:

Like the look of all the old WW1 stuff something about the big flat sided slabs of plate steel and basic engineering

beefy

Hi Keith,

didn't open the Whippet box until last weekend. Not really a secret but more a need to try something  different. The WW I stuff is magic though, ordered the 1/16th Takom Renault FT-17 today. That would cover all the interesting WW I tanks (the Saint Charmond is a French monstrosity I don't want to build :smile:). Sort of steam punk Panzers............................................

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

Some of us don`t grow up....

Nice looking Whippet there Gremlin.

Simon.

Comparing BritModeller to Never Never Land Simon? The model building equivalent of Absolem, the blue caterpillar? Bet he smoked ganja :P

The Takom Whippet is a gem, fit is magic and their decals are very, very good too :thumbsup:

• Like 1

21/5 update.

More messing with the Whippet. Thinking of a small dio and have a rather dramatic version with someone who has had enough of the horror of war and is getting up courage to end it all or a slightly less dramatic version with a crewman getting absolutely smashed on "liberated booze":

P5211266.jpg

P5211269.jpg

P5211272.jpg

P5211270.jpg

Not sure which way this will go ...................................

:wonder:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Perhaps he is saying, "Waiter, I will have the steak Russo medium rare with saute potatoes, french beans and garlic mushrooms"

"With strawberry gateau for afters"

Simon.

To order that he would have to a REMF, and they were generally found several miles behind the front lines. :blink:

• Like 1

I think I would go for the second version as it looks as though his CO is given him Defaulters for being drunk on the job  :drunk:

Would not want him driving the Whippet after that crate of booze has been demolished.

beefy

• Like 1

Doh!

Just realised that's the same 'Stalingrad' figure I used on the MkV. Cracking sculpting, the body language is amazing. 

In my defence I have only just got back from 11 days in Spain Hic :hypnotised:

Looking forward to see which way you're going to take this.

Kev

• Like 1

For me it looks like he just getting a message that only their tank returned from the mission. 

Anyway stunning job, keep going. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, beefy66 said:

I think I would go for the second version as it looks as though his CO is given him Defaulters for being drunk on the job  :drunk:

Would not want him driving the Whippet after that crate of booze has been demolished.

beefy

DUI with a Whippet, would like to see a film of that on U-tube :thumbsup:

17 hours ago, longshanks said:

Doh!

Just realised that's the same 'Stalingrad' figure I used on the MkV. Cracking sculpting, the body language is amazing. 

In my defence I have only just got back from 11 days in Spain Hic :hypnotised:

Looking forward to see which way you're going to take this.

Kev

12 days in Spain? Jammy devil, whereabouts did you terrorize the locals? 11 days of Spanish food and wine sounds like heaven :blink:

I really liked your "Stalingrad figure" and as you say the body language had great potential IMHO.

16 hours ago, Kris B said:

For me it looks like he just getting a message that only their tank returned from the mission. 

Anyway stunning job, keep going. 

It's rather interesting to hear what you all see in this, completely different stories emerging here :yes:

Hmm, Cognac... I wonder how this crate would affect their aiming and driving abilities...:lalala: They'd be in absolute part-killer-mode

• Like 1

26/5 update sort of........................

Think I'll call the messing with the Whippet finished:

P5261277.jpg

P5261279.jpg

P5261280.jpg

P5261282.jpg

P5261284.jpg

not really sure what will come next. Oh yes, get the Whippet on RFI..............................

• Like 6