1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

49 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

That oil wash has brought out all those details Gremlin.

The bolt heads and fixing straps especially so.

She is coming along super.

Simon.

Thank you Simon, layer upon layer ;)

Building up those washes slow and steady Eddy I mean Julian

The color tones are really starting to stand out now or less is more as some might say  I think you know what I mean  ^_^

Beefy

• Like 2

Thanks Keith, Francis,

As I mentioned before I visited the `Winged Liberators` museum in Best this week, dedicated to the `Market Garden` operation that took place near it. Got some rather inspirational photos of the colors and weathering that the exhibits show ( of course keeping in mind that the tracks are rusty due to the Sherman being parked outside and some of the exhibits have been stripped and repainted since WW II. Still nice reference though.

DSCN4950.jpg

DSCN4951.jpg

DSCN4952.jpg

DSCN4953.jpg

DSCN4918.jpg

DSCN4917.jpg

DSCN4909.jpg

DSCN4910.jpg

Lots more but not sure where to post them :nerd:

• Like 4

Why not send them to the other Julien the walk around moderator

All he does is walk around all day give him something to do with his time and give his little feet a rest  :idea:

Beefy

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Great Pics

I bet that was a good day out,

Kev

It was :D The hotel Mrs. Gremlin56 and I stayed at was an old brewery and the owner still brewed a local beer, 10.5 % alcohol called "Breeze Bold" and my golly it was :coolio:

I would have given an arm or leg if this poster had been for sale at the museum:

DSCN4932.jpg

Of course it wasn't. I did buy a small collection of "Breeze" beers to help me in the difficult times looking for inspiration ;)

Oops, nearly forgot this:

DSCN4919.jpg

The phantom Spitfire. This isn't the Spitfire I am building simultaneously with the JT, this one is a museum piece but probably wrong as well. Paint job sucks and someone clipped it's wings:

DSCN4961.jpg

So of course the paint shade is wrong, the clipped wings are not in IPMS harmony with a Spitfire mark IX ( the museum said it, I didn't Sir, please not the cane......................).

Nice bird though despite the repaint with ghastly mat paint.

• Like 4

28/4 update #2.

Chipping, chipping, chipping and a final filter:

DSCN4987.jpg

DSCN4988.jpg

DSCN4989.jpg

DSCN4990.jpg

The final filter is still drying on HD Judy so the chipping looks very stark in these pics. Time to start some streaking and other nasty things soon. B)

• Like 4

Mayo is the Dutch way and there are several sorts of Mayo to drown your chips in. My favorite is the bacon mayo. I also manage to find the genuine Sarson's malt vinegar in IJmuiden.

Over doing Judy is my great worry at the moment. The new wash will take the bite off the round of chipping. Hope you didn't mind my canopy remark this morning, was meant in a positive fashion,

cheers mate,

Julian

29/4 update.

The oil wash has dried. Trying out some rust runs on fenders etc. Using some graphite runs to accentuate the ridges on Judy:

DSCN4991.jpg

DSCN4993.jpg

DSCN4995.jpg

DSCN5005.jpg

DSCN5006.jpg

Now who let the Phantom Spitfire into the armour section?

DSCN4999.jpg

DSCN5004.jpg

B)

Haven't forgotten the brass fire button and it will be painted on :P:P:P

• Like 6

30/4 update.

Did some dire things to HD Judy today and the wash is still drying. Decided to add a pilot to the Phantom Spitfire:

DSCN5008.jpg

DSCN5009.jpg

DSCN5011.jpg

DSCN5012.jpg

Think I'll have to do a proper thread on the Wingie things forum and give those that are intimate with rivets a treat.................................

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Any kit is worth a thread, thats why they make them for.

Simon.

Has the attraction of hanging the "Dingle Dangles" in a paper shredder and the sudden sharp surprise that it isn't really a fun experience at all................................:huh:

;)

• Like 1

Thanks Kev, felt really liberated today making flight lieutenant Boggles (his nickname came from him being so scared of his own landings that he became a recognizable feature in the bogs after a sortie :penguin::penguin:). Judy is now a sticky semi dry entity after a couple of washes, rather nasty to look at and touch. Think I'll wait until tomorrow before showing the results (or bury HD Judy in the garden tomorrow at dawn if things go awry)...........................................  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Beautiful work on both projects Julian! Very nicely done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix,

have decided to take a small break from Judy and concentrate on something completely different:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235020700-132-spifire-iia/

Rather enjoying this build, bless it's little warty Spitfire bottom :D.

It's a simple build though so shouldn't take long to finish.