1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

16/4 update.

First off for Francis, the spotifiers:

DSCN4859.jpg

DSCN4860.jpg

These are cheap and cheery tools from www.banggood.com in China, think a set of very small nail brushes with one of these included cost about three Euros. I ordered two sets because the brushes come in handy at times.. An additional bonus with these tools is that the spot/dots are rather uniform in size.

DSCN4861.jpg

DSCN4862.jpg

DSCN4863.jpg

DSCN4864.jpg

The main gun-barrel has it's camo coat, the fighting compartment roof is now sprayed on the inside. Nearing the point that the serious weathering can begin.

Now Grand Prix time :clif:  :clif:          :clif:                  :clif::clif:

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Hi Francis, thanks you ! looks better now the three base colors are on doesn't it?. The spots, ah that was very easy. I bought two nail decorating sets of small fine paintbrushes. The sets also included small metal tools to make flower like shapes on fingernails. You can of course also make spots very easily. I'll post some photos today.

;)

Thanks for the info, I'm tempted to do an ambush sometime, but when I would have to do it, I do not dare, thinking that I'm going to ruin all the work, which is already at an advanced stage and "to my taste", I try with AB, but I have not got them to come out the same or "well, simply", maybe it's because my AB is a cheap AB-300, or I'm not yet able to master it ....:fraidnot:

Cheers Julian :popcorn: :D
Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

16/4 update.

First off for Francis, the spotifiers:

These are cheap and cheery tools from www.banggood.com in China, think a set of very small nail brushes with one of these included cost about three Euros. I ordered two sets because the brushes come in handy at times.. An additional bonus with these tools is that the spot/dots are rather uniform in size.

The main gun-barrel has it's camo coat, the fighting compartment roof is now sprayed on the inside. Nearing the point that the serious weathering can begin.

Now Grand Prix time :clif:  :clif:          :clif:                  :clif::clif:

Thanks again for the info, and an image "worth more than a thousand words", I have to get something like these, the only doubt, is, the edges of the spots were defined, or on the contrary, diffuse (as with AB)? ?. Interesting race!!!...

Cheers Julian :D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Thanks again for the info, and an image "worth more than a thousand words", I have to get something like these, the only doubt, is, the edges of the spots were defined, or on the contrary, diffuse (as with AB)? ?. Interesting race!!!...

Cheers Julian :D

Diffuse like this Francis:

DSCN2575.jpg

I don't think so, most references seem more solid than a sprayed dot but who really knows?

;)

• Like 1

21/4 update.

Engine deck MG42 added. Antenna added on fighting compartment roof, made of brass rod ( nearly removed right eyeball taking photos, ooops, clumsy)............................

Two filters of "German faded Tritonal scheme" oils and a burnt umber wash. Picking out the fender sections with burnt umber oils. Messing up the engine deck with Lifecolor tensochrome "oil" and pigments.

Layer by layer ...........................

More work on Spitfire while waiting for paint on Judy to dry.

DSCN4869.jpg

DSCN4870.jpg

DSCN4871.jpg

DSCN4872.jpg

DSCN4873.jpg

Wine time.....................................

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

Dangerous things those tank aerials.....

I can see the instructions in the future stating that full eye protection to be worn .......

What next steel toe cap wellys?

Simon.

Already got those, along with a little white plastic helmet and an inflatable life jacket for when I venture into "hazardous areas" , that along with a fluorescent yellow coat with the name of the company I work for on it. Luckily I don't wear them very much leaving the hazardous areas to younger and fitter guys and girls nowadays :coolio:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Little by little it is taking form, I want to see it finished ...:fight:...No pressure ... lol, cheers Julian...:popcorn:

Hi Francis, slowly, slowly, layer by layer ..................................................;)

The build up of the layers is looking good Julian

Must admit I thought the base yellow was bright but as you said before the washes will bring it all together and it is

The outside of Judy is starting to look just as good as the inside even better with a great big dirty rear end  :whistle:

Beefy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beefy66 said:

The build up of the layers is looking good Julian

Must admit I thought the base yellow was bright but as you said before the washes will bring it all together and it is

The outside of Judy is starting to look just as good as the inside even better with a great big dirty rear end  :whistle:

Beefy

Thanks Keith, as mentioned somewhere before if you start out with the right shade of base yellow it tends to end up too dark after weathering.

If after weathering it is still too light you can always use a desert sand filter too darken it some more.

Cheers mate !

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thanks Keith, as mentioned somewhere before if you start out with the right shade of base yellow it tends to end up too dark after weathering.

If after weathering it is still too light you can always use a desert sand filter too darken it some more.

Cheers mate !

Yes I found this out when doing the LWS build when I thought I was going for an easy option ended up having to go back and lighten the shades with white and pale yellow washes to give it a dusty effect but still learned from the experience

thanks to some helpful advice  :idea:

Beefy

• Like 1

That really is looking superb Julian! The camo looks absolutely amazing! Stunning model building and detailing on show as always! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 23-4-2017 at 10:40 AM, Bullbasket said:

That little light at the end of the tunnel just starting to come into sight now. It's looking first class.

John.

A very tardy answer to all the reactions to Judy's build due to a short visit to the south of Holland with Mrs. Gremlin56. Took time out to visit the Winged Liberators museum near Best while I was there.

Thanks John, working on the weathering of HD Judy,

cheers,

Julian

On 23-4-2017 at 10:59 AM, PhilHendry said:

It looks ace.

Thank you very much Phil,

appreciate the look in at Judy,

;)

On 24-4-2017 at 1:50 PM, PlaStix said:

That really is looking superb Julian! The camo looks absolutely amazing! Stunning model building and detailing on show as always! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Bless you Stix, thank you very much :blush:

On 24-4-2017 at 2:05 PM, Carius said:

Julian, I agree with Stix, SUPERB job! 

Thank you Cesar, very much appreciated and very kind,

cheers,

Julian

On 25-4-2017 at 3:14 AM, Ripaman said:

Coming along nicely Julian, watching very closely on how you bring this weathering together :like:

Regards

Richard

Thanks Richard, I'll be posting more photo's today.

cheers

Julian

• Like 1