1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

Thanks mate,

hope you are feeling well ;)

It is a very long, long looking barrel that is amazingly long in relation to the vehicle length which is obviously not as long as the barrel ^_^

Cheers,

Julian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ripaman said:

:wow:that is mighty impressive Juilain  I would not liked to be on the other end of that when it went off, Germans did like to build their guns big eh. I wonder how many hours fabrication time did it take to build one of these beasts :hmmm:

:popcorn::popcorn:

Regards

Richard

Its beyond mighty impressive IMHO.  Its bloody marvelous.  Doff my cap mate

• Like 1

26/3 update.

The 128mm is ready. loads of storage racks for the ammo to assemble and some other odds and ends  to fit inside "HD Judy". Sealing things up is coming into view though. Thoroughly enjoying this build that has kept me "glued" to the bench for 4 months now.

DSCN4763.jpg

DSCN4766.jpg

DSCN4767.jpg

DSCN4768.jpg

DSCN4769.jpg

DSCN4770.jpg

Good Grand Prix and a well deserved win by old "Stinky Finger". Did I miss Rossie? :poop:no!

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Impressive work Gremlin.

I like the wear and tear down at the breech end.

Simon.

Thanks Simon,

It's probably to exaggerated but who gives a poo......................I am bit leery of giving things a wash at the moment, rather enjoying the shading.........................................:blink:

• Like 1

On 26-3-2017 at 7:28 PM, FrancisGL said:

Four months well employed ...:popcorn:, cheers Julian

My wife thinks differently Francis, I need to get in the garden and also do some paintwork on the house :analintruder:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Wow!! Simply.......Wow!! That is looking incredible. As Francis said above; 4 months very well spent!! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix, you are too kind (as you always are :blush:). I hope some of this will be visible when I move to finals on this build ;)

• Like 1

Just now, BerndM said:

The modelling time was well spend, this build is simply awesome !:thumbsup:

All time spent modelling is well spent and relaxing, in the great scheme of things modeller's wives prefer more constructive paintwork like maintenance.....................................................

• Like 2

31/3 update.

Real life has been very busy so not much progress to show, first ready rack for the fighting compartment nearly ready and filled with a mix of HE and AP shells, just some securing clamps to fit:

DSCN4771.jpg

DSCN4772.jpg

DSCN4774.jpg

I did order a couple of Lifecolor sets, the Liquid pigments for  HD Judy and the Battle of Britain set for my long overdue Spitfire:

DSCN4773.jpg

:smile:

• Like 3

A weapon that size and suppositories there is going to be trouble  :wicked:

You have done a lot since I last looked in Julian really like the wear and tear effect you have given the interior and not to overdone IMHO  :thumbsup:

beefy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Nice suppositories :analintruder:...lol, and good stuff. I would really like to see your Spitfire. Cheers Julian :D

Thanks Francis, taking these suppositories would clear anything from a runny nose to, well, just about anything :analintruder:

The Spitfire is not anything special, just the Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk II with the completely wrong cooler and flare rack. I am rather interested in the difference in color between dark green/dark earth and the the light green /light earth colors supplied by Life color. The Typhoon II  that was painted in WW II camo would appear to be dark green/ light  earth, looks a lot more sexy than that murky dark earth color that seems to plague Spitfires/Hurricanes of WW II vintage. Probably take some flak for this sacrilege :P

4 hours ago, beefy66 said:

A weapon that size and suppositories there is going to be trouble  :wicked:

You have done a lot since I last looked in Julian really like the wear and tear effect you have given the interior and not to overdone IMHO  :thumbsup:

beefy

Thanks Keith,  I am behaving here ;) Very subdued weathering compared to "Buttercup" isn't it?

2 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Those shells look very nice Gremlin.

But I will refrain from the obvious jokes .

Which Spitfire have you got?

And yet more paint, is it an obsessive compulsive disorder we all suffer with?

Simon.

Hi Simon,

I'll pop off a PM tomorrow. Good to see you back on the forum. See the answer to Francis above, haven't splurged on a Tamiya Spitfire, doing the budget Revell thingie with DNA induced faults.

My Gran who lived through the BoB wouldn't notice the HUGE FAULTS that Revell added to a quite a nicely priced model for those that didn't fly in the BoB but are EYE-POKINGLY GLARINGLY OBVIOUS to those that now are intimate with the number of stitches in the pilots "Irving coats" and number of rivets in the non-retractable tail-wheel well but didn't fly in the BoB ;)

2 hours ago, Carius said:

Impressive big gun and ammo :popcorn:

Thanks Carius,

Seriously big this machine ;)

31/3 update #2.

More storage racks and the final shells:

DSCN4775.jpg

DSCN4776.jpg

DSCN4777.jpg

Jam-packed fighting compartment, no room to swing a, wait for it, deja-vu moment here. Think we did that last week :blush:

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Yes Gremlin, and a hamster too.....

Simon.

Aha, but it was a standard issue SS Hamster Simon, not a bog standard hamster hamster, a world of difference there ;)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Aha, but it was a standard issue SS Hamster Simon, not a bog standard hamster hamster, a world of difference there ;)

Yes, the SS hamster`s fur went from right to left, with a little dark bit just below its nose.

Simon.

• Like 1

Er, yes, sounds like a standard SS issue Hamster, probably with a name beginning with the letter "A" ...............................................................:smile:

Something like "Acorn-nosher"  or  "Algernon" ...........................................

• Like 1