1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

18 minutes ago, longshanks said:

and there I was thinking Julian had been clever..................

Wheels damaged and replaced with what ever was available :wicked:

Your lucky a certain Mr T let them back in again. Perhaps we could have a competition for the most travelled rivets :whistle:

Kev

Heck no, seen some drawings (let this register: drawings) but no photos available to support three different colored wheels. Quite honestly I like it and don't give a :poop:if it's accurate

No, not replacing with what was available, just paint and install :lol:.

Glad you mentioned good old Donald J. Who the heck left the door open? I thought "W" was a challenge to coherent thought and speech but then they open the zoo doors and let Donald out.

And I was worried about the Dutch politicos...................................................or the return of Tony Bliar who wants to eradicate the Brexit and rejoins Junker's Junta. Maybe I should look for a padded cell just to be safe with all these freaks running around free :yahoo:

• Like 3

Good progress with a well applied weathering on the exteriors.

The internal details are really amazing as well !

:clap2:

Also a great job with the tracks, cleaning them will require some more good medicine.

• Like 1

19/2 update.

Instrument and radio console fitted (left the upside down radio-set in place, not very visible when everything is fixed in position). left hand track complete and with 2 x 48 links fits like a glove.

DSCN4632.jpg

DSCN4633.jpg

DSCN4634.jpg

DSCN4639.jpg

DSCN4640.jpg

DSCN4643.jpg

DSCN4644.jpg

:coolio:

• Like 7

This was one part Trumpeter didn't update. Very definitely upside down. Fit is still rather good though, no drastic measures necessary like with Buttercup.

Even getting used to the quirky tracks (quirky is PC for "God awful flash ridden in need of a good filing and the maybe it will fit") :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gremlin56 said:

the upside down radio-set

Surely Teutonic efficiency!

If the  vehicle were to roll over into a ditch et voila one radio is still correct :whistle:

Despite the troubles they are giving you those tracks are impressive

Kev

• Like 3

I hadn't thought this through Kev. All the times I have found myself upside down in a ditch in my Volvo thinking "I wish I had a radio set that had been installed upside down so I could read it properly now"...

You really make life on BM livable having the same "fuzzy logic" I do, bless you sir!

No, really, best mail in a poon's age ...............................:yahoo::thumbsup::coolio:

P.S. These are the tracks from Hell :devil::devil::devil:

44 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

You really make life on BM livable having the same "fuzzy logic" I do, bless you sir!

Great minds and fools .......... :coolio:

Talking fuzzy any significance in the Jeep

All the times I have found myself upside down in a ditch in my Volvo

Told you you should have kept the stabilisers on :rolleyes:

Kev

• Like 1

Heck no, certainly not fools. Fuzzy but not foolish :P

The jeep? No, also not fuzzy. There seems to be a plethora of SAS builds going around at the moment, I bought the SAS jeep and Chevrolet along with the "Black Dog" resin stowage sets a couple of years ago. Great stuff, just pointing out what is available :D

Stabilizers? I have traction control, stabilizers etc.on my Swedish tank, love the "black beast", I even crushed two Hyundai's with this piece of Swedish transportation :yahoo:

18 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Stabilizers? I have traction control, stabilizers etc.

Didn't help those poor Hyundai........  :rofl:

Is it  true that BMW drivers think they own the road, where as Volvo drivers know they own the road.  :mg:     :shutup:

:hmmm:You don't build like a Volvo ........................

You are Totally unstabilised    :rofl:

Kev

• Like 1

I'll change my signature into " Unstabilized builder at work, tread carefully".

The Hyundai's were victims of a 6 car pile up at a traffic light. Some drunken yobbo in a huge Volkswagen Touareg ran into the two cars behind me and I was launched into the Hyundai in front of me.

The shape of the Volvo's nose was impressed into the rear of the Hyundai, if you looked carefully you could read "ovloV" pressed into the rear door, (no kidding :rolleyes::whistle:). Behind me was an even smaller Hyundai that had to be pulled off the boot of my car. Of the 6 cars mine was the only one that could drive home, the rest were taken away on trucks. Go figure how these monsters are built.

:wicked:

Hi Julian. You really have got to stop taking photos of the restoration of an actual JagdTiger and passing it off as your own model making work! ;)

Beautiful modelling as always! :worthy::worthy: 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Julian. You really have got to stop taking photos of the restoration of an actual JagdTiger and passing it off as your own model making work! ;)

Beautiful modelling as always! :worthy::worthy: 

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you very much Stix. The compliments are much appreciated although I think Mrs. Gremlin56 would have vetoed a genuine JT being rolled into my hobby space for restoration :D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thank you very much Stix. The compliments are much appreciated although I think Mrs. Gremlin56 would have vetoed a genuine JT being rolled into my hobby space for restoration :D

You could of told her it was an armoured goldfish bowl LOL.

A great build mate, as I have said before.

Simon.

• Like 1

20/2 update.

Both track lengths are finished (and so are all my finger joints after connecting these tracks :blink:). Test fitted them, all really ok, and have given them a base coat of AK dark track (marginally darker than Vallejo Panzer Aces Track primer so that is a happy coincidence). The connecting bolts have been given a dot of Vallejo acrylic Burnt Umber. Ready for the next rounds:

DSCN4645.jpg

DSCN4646.jpg

DSCN4647.jpg

DSCN4648.jpg

It's Spring holiday and I have beautiful 2014 Valpolicella at the perfect temperature ready for Mrs. Gremlin56 and me.

Cheers gentlemen,

^_^

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

You could of told her it was an armoured goldfish bowl LOL.

A great build mate, as I have said before.

Simon.

I think she would have seen right through that excuse, having heard an awful lot of feeble excuses over the years.Thanks mate,

glad you like the results so far ;)

• Like 1

That looks like one of the big parts of the build out of the way Julian, they look good, wheels do look very good and the three colours bring out the meanness of the beast.

It is family day here in Alberta and I like your idea of have a nice glass of wine so I think I will open a bottle of Chateauneuf-du-pape :yes:

Regards

Richard 

• Like 1