1/16th Trumpeter Sd,Kfz. 186

Gremlin56

I really shudder at the idea of a squeaky bum time Keith, really scary.................................................:blink:

Hi Francis, I am rather curious too, the first experiment wasn't  a big success so this will be the make or break point for MiG's oily thingies ;)

Hi Kev, That was Thomas Dolby wasn't it? "I scare myself, messing with kit glue, scare myself, sniffing the glue tube................................................."

Hefty power pack isn't it?

Thanks Stix,

I managed to drop my Badger Extreme Patriot this afternoon bending the needle, squashing the nozzle and on removing the air cap to remove said needle and nozzle messed that up too. Set me back

31 Euro's to order a new set, arriving tomorrow'. Don't have that happening when you drop a brush I have to admit, had me worried though, my favorite airbrush looking like King Kong had stepped on it :analintruder:

Bloody silly thing to do wasn't it. Trying to hold the hairdryer, engine and airbrush at the same time. Really mangled my "precious" though.

Luckily Lion realized my plight and sent a new set at the speed of light.Had to finish off the engine with the H & S and my Krome (which is need of some maintenance too).

Hopefully with the new parts my "Precious" will be as good as new.................................................

• Like 2

Gremlin56

Have you tried the fit of the tracks on the sprockets yet?

I read somewhere on another board (can't find it now) that the inside guide teeth where they go over the sprocket have to be shortened by 1.5mm to fit properly.  The poster claimed that all of the inside row of guide teeth were actually shorter on the real machine for just that reason.  I would think that just enough teeth for the circumference of the sprocket would be enough, if they even need shortening.

I'm seriously contemplating one of these as I've drooled all over it at the LHS and he may make me take it now that it's all wet.  I have no plans to super detail the interior as you have but just put the interior into it OOTB essentially and concentrate on the exterior.

At the moment I'm just reading all of the build logs I can find before I plunk down the $$$ as it goes for something like Cdn$360 here.  I would prefer the 1/16 King Tiger but apparently it's not available to his suppliers at the moment and I sure don't want to bring it in from the USA, that would be another $100 for freight and the Cdn dollar is still only something like US$0.75.

Your build is amazing and yes I love the dipstick in the tranny.

Thanks,

Lloyd

• Like 1

Miss the forum for 4 days and see what happens,

First of all thank you Richard, don't forget this is just assembling and not model engineering like you are doing ;)

Hi Lloyd,

thanks for the tip on the sprockets, I'll check that out this weekend. If it was originally for the KT it might just have been fixed by Trumpeter. I see that a lot of David Parkers KT master build parts have appeared as fixes in the JT model, not all of them though.

Stop drooling on the box and irritating model shop owners, buy it and have fun, its a very nice model to build.

I couldn't resist painting the dipstick yellow although that is the least likely color in WW II I could choose. It is the color of the dipstick in my Volvo.

Hi Keith,

I was sure there would be some funnies about the dipstick although I was expecting someone whose name begins with S and ends on imon to remember the lyrics of Frank Zappa on Joe's Garage: "Keep it greasy so it goes down easy", nudge nudge wink wink say no more.......................................................................

• Like 2

Forgot to mention that the parts for my Badger Extreme Patriot arrived and are fitted and my precious is operational again (big thanks to Lion-arts for lightning service here).

Now I can spray those air-filters crispy sparkling white :penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:(who let the d**n penguins in?)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Thanks Gremlin, I was trying to keep it respectable you know. LOL :winkgrin:

Simon. 

Well Thats a first. 

New Year New S,,,imon.   :swear:

Beefy

• Like 2