Republic P-47 Thunderbolt STGB II Chat

TEMPESTMK5

On 20/07/2017 at 01:49, Hewy said:

I happen to have a tamiya 1/48 razorback in the stash that keeps making eyes at me I'm in if its a go

Glynn

Hi Glynn

Welcome aboard , we are now 19 and need just 6 more people to get this Gb next year so advertise around you ...

Patrice

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good evening

I would like to announce the date for this Gb that will start on Saturday 30 June 2018 to Sunday 30 September 2018

Patrice

That's great news, I'll  join this one but that's a short time frame in the middle of summer, I'll just have to keep the build simple.

39 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

That's great news, I'll  join this one but that's a short time frame in the middle of summer, I'll just have to keep the build simple.

Hi Tbolt

Welcome aboard I am sure that you will succeed to build at least one Jug in a 3 months period ..

Best regards

Patrice  

40 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Tbolt

Welcome aboard I am sure that you will succeed to build at least one Jug in a 3 months period ..

Best regards

Patrice  

Well I am the world's slowest builder ;) But having a time limit should should help.

TEMPESTMK5 .. a couple of quick questions ? As this will be my 1st Group build ever. Do i need to declare an exact scale and kit, specific version of the p-47(D or N), and or markings ? If yes when ?

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

TEMPESTMK5 .. a couple of quick questions ? As this will be my 1st Group build ever. Do i need to declare an exact scale and kit, specific version of the p-47(D or N), and or markings ? If yes when ?

Good morning Corsairfoxfouruncle 

No you don't need to declare all these elements before the start of the Gb I started the Special Hobby Mirage F1CR for the Mirage Gb and I am still not sure of the markings but don't follow this example and when you will be sure of the scale and kit you are going to build just open a post in the Gb and present it you can also  announce if you are going to use some aftermarkt detailling / conversion sets  etc ..

I suggest you to look at the ongoing Gbs you will see how others fellow Brittmodellers present their builds  ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to be in on this. I never completed my 1/48 Koster XP-47H from the last BG. I messed up the panel lines and then the canopy. I had wanted to do two of them with the second as a 'what it,' Bubble top, so I think I'll get another Tamiya kit and I already have another Koster conversion waiting.

I hope there are no rules against salvaging parts from the previous one. I'd like to try and get the cockpit out of it, and maybe some other parts.

If all goes well, I'll see about building a fictional XP-47D Dottie Mae.

Anyway I could still join this build? I love P-47s and I would probably build the revell or hobbyboss kits. I'm also only 15 and I think it'll be great to see what a younger modeller does to kits compared to older modellers.

Edited by Crossiant Oliver

Right I have now got a kit to build for this GB - similar to what others are building - I'm going to have a go at Tamiya's 1/48 Razorback. Last time I built the bubbletop version so this will be nice to have alongside it.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thom216 said:

I'd like to be in on this. I never completed my 1/48 Koster XP-47H from the last BG. I messed up the panel lines and then the canopy. I had wanted to do two of them with the second as a 'what it,' Bubble top, so I think I'll get another Tamiya kit and I already have another Koster conversion waiting.

I hope there are no rules against salvaging parts from the previous one. I'd like to try and get the cockpit out of it, and maybe some other parts.

If all goes well, I'll see about building a fictional XP-47D Dottie Mae.

Good morning Thom

Welcome aboard 

I think that there is nothing against using salvaging parts from a previous build ..

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

Anyway I could still join this build? I love P-47s and I would probably build the revell or hobbyboss kits. I'm also only 15 and I think it'll be great to see what a younger modeller does to kits compared to older modellers.

Good morning Oliver

Of course you can join this Gb welcome aboard ..

Best regards from an older modeller :D..

Patrice