C-130H prop color?

ReccePhreak

I am almost to the painting stage on my 1/72 C-130H model, and I am trying to figure out the correct color for the props.

All the pics I have seen online look a light gray, but to me they seem to have a metallic "sheen" to it.

Here's one good pic I found: http://data6.primeportal.net/hangar/weichao_chen/c-130e_62-1787/images/c-130e_62-1787_18_of_85.jpg

Can anybody help me with the correct color. I mainly use Model Master enamels.

Larry

32 minutes ago, fatalbert said:

They are an aluminium blade that has been anodised.so an aluminium /greyish colour.

That's what I thought. Now I just have to find a suitable enamel for it, here in the states.

Larry

10 hours ago, TrojanThunder said:

Testors do a range of metallics, I usually use their Steel or Aluminium for my props.

You're not talking about their buffing and non-buffing metalizers, are you? I have their "regular" metal colors, like steel, titanium, aluminum & jet exhaust.

Larry

9 hours ago, ReccePhreak said:

You're not talking about their buffing and non-buffing metalizers, are you? I have their "regular" metal colors, like steel, titanium, aluminum & jet exhaust.

Larry

Yes I am Larry. I find they spray and dry really well. Most of the time I don't even bother buffing the 'buffable' colours as they give me the result I want.

• 4 weeks later...