Head On Attack

tc2324

Time to resurrect this build by sorting out the crew and how they are posed within. 

IMG_6510_zpsa9azqxba.jpg

Much surgery and amputations going on at the moment.......

IMG_6513_zpsgkcwrjra.jpg

As you can see the next batch of victims are getting ready to be carved up so they can be positioned within the second Fort.

Which means on the plus side, the first Fortress has now been buttoned up with the crew already in place.

IMG_6517_zpsxdgnz9m3.jpg

IMG_6520_zpskdevg6nn.jpg

IMG_6521_zpsuj9louvw.jpg

IMG_6532_zpsee7ixamx.jpg

Still lots to be done but it`s finally looking like their is light at the end of the tunnel.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So it`s all starting to gather some pace now.......,

IMG_6536_zps841pbq3b.jpg

IMG_6537_zps2awtr7dy.jpg

....  just need to start a `go fund me` account for the new house extension I need to display it when finished....... :rage:

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Spent time today sorting out how the acrylic will sit and cutting the appropriate holes. A little tense sometimes but all seem to have gone ok. All the primary spray work has also been completed.

The piccie below shows one on it`s stand and note that the wings are dry fitted at present.

IMG_6549_zpsl1i2shqe.jpg

• Like 4

On 13/12/2016 at 22:20, Reconcilor said:

Keep going. I am looking forward to seeing this done. What are you using for the clear rod supporting the me109? I've got a project that will need a stand and could benefit from this stuff.

^What he said^ - I've got half an idea for something but all I can find for acrylic rod are plastics suppliers with a minimum order of about 500x what I need

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LostCosmonauts said:

^What he said^ - I've got half an idea for something but all I can find for acrylic rod are plastics suppliers with a minimum order of about 500x what I need

Here you go....,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-Tube-Rod-Acrylic-Extruded-Clear-Perspex-Bar-Hollow-Tubular-Pipe-/311523376518?var=&hash=item48883d7d86:m:m7q_mFuvgwo5idzk6XFACDQ

• Like 1

So today I finally got all the bits together for a quick mock up after I was left alone for 20 minutes by the family. 

Still plenty to do with the `special effects` I want to do but hopefully this will give you an idea of what I wanted to recreate.

IMG_6568_zps3phfpnuu.jpg

IMG_6567_zpsgfd7kol5.jpg

IMG_6570_zpsqraf3knz.jpg

Feathered prop and `battle damage`.....

IMG_6572_zps8g6iwdip.jpg

• Like 6

Spent the last couple of days playing around with the battle damage and `smoke` trail.......

IMG_6580_zpspbcvgzxc.jpg

IMG_6582_zpsvl2l2p6t.jpg

.... hopefully it`s heading in the right direction. 

• Like 6