This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Michael M

Z-39, Dragon, 1:350

73north    211
On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, Michael M said:

Almost there, only isolators, touch ups and the rigging is done :)

35738602933_07b794583a_o.jpg

Has anyone have a destroyer sized spare nazi ensign? I mean the one you don't have to make up swastika out of 20 different pieces?

Thanks for watching

Mick

Don't know if I am too late , but you are better to get the BECC Fabric Flag ( type AAA is 10mm long ) - or if you want it a bit bigger then its Type AA ( 15mm )

http://www.becc.co.uk/

there is a website list for their suppliers - if you need help PM me - but I used their Flag for the Yukikaze and its a beauty ( far better than a decal and you can flutter it )

Michael M    442

No still didn't get any. My mate is going to send me some decal ones out of AFV U-boots along with the PE fret this thing is waiting for :) Have you any nice close ups of those? To be honest all the fabric ones I've seen to up date were weak, grain/knot or whatever you call it was way to big for the scale.... but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong ;) 

73north    211

3Xp6ccA.jpg

here you go , 1/350 scale , and the flag is only 10mm long ( Type AAA )

note - the photo was taken with a macro lens , in real life ( you will have to just trust me - or not ) the ' fabric weave ' can't be seen with the naked eye

I would say , this is well worth your effort buying , rather than a Decal ) or Photo-etch ) - but the choice is , of course , yours .....

kind regards

David

Michael M    442
Posted (edited)

Well Yuki looks nice, are there any more pictures of it somewhere on the forum? As for the ensign, for me that's no-go you can get far better result with decal on the tin foil. There's no fabric weave whatsoever and you can form even very 'radical' shapes :) Thanks for advice anyway, it's always better to know more than less :yes:

Edited by Michael M

73north    211

Okay , for me the BECC Flag is good enough - but not for you - not a problem ......... good luck on your search for an ultimate ensign

Michael M    442

No need to get upset Dave, I just think that result like here is more satisfactory. Same scale, made of decal on tin foil:

g17_zps14129c45.jpg~original

g16_zps7397ec03.jpg~original

I'm not looking for ultimate one, I'm looking for ANY decal one ;)

Michael M    442

These are self adhesive vinyl ones, while they have no fabric weave, they're thick like plywood... I will get them AFV ones so hopefully that will solve the problem, if not... we'll worry about it then. But i do appreciate your rescue attempts ;) I just taught someone would have some leftovers knocking about. That probably will be my last nazi ship for a loooong time, so I don't really need 50 of them :) 

Rob 1    674

Decals on foil is fairly easy to make up and surprisingly effective.

I tried it on my last ship build and had good results (similar to your rather excellent White Ensign in the photo above).

Edited by Rob 1

Michael M    442

On the bridge...

36675411880_fae6f42490_o.jpg

36237179534_96708c0de1_o.jpg

... don't you even try to touch my gun you little b.astards....

36675412150_90aa6019f3_o.jpg

...  then Hans gave him a slap and I finished him of with elbow ...

36675412170_cd4760612e_o.jpg

36237179704_450ffa6a3b_o.jpg

...Oi girls, we'll be back in a week, give us some phone numbers...

36675412360_6385616e2a_o.jpg

Michael M    442

Thanks, they're North Star Kriegsmarine ones, but I've used them for K.U.K. Marine as well, with the size of them, it doesnt really matter, as long as you paint them in the right colours :) 

Kris B    663

Those figures it was a challenge - good job. 

Rob 1    674

This is an excellent build all round, but those figures really set it off - makes it look big like a real ship as the detail of the figures give it all a really good scale effect.

You've set a high standard of detail here, cap badges and all, but also thoughtfully positioned the crew in small groups where you might expect them to be. Well done.

73north    211
40 minutes ago, Rob 1 said:

This is an excellent build all round, but those figures really set it off - makes it look big like a real ship as the detail of the figures give it all a really good scale effect.

You've set a high standard of detail here, cap badges and all, but also thoughtfully positioned the crew in small groups where you might expect them to be. Well done.

totally agree - a lovely job