Z-39, Dragon, 1:350

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, Michael M said:

Almost there, only isolators, touch ups and the rigging is done :)

35738602933_07b794583a_o.jpg

Has anyone have a destroyer sized spare nazi ensign? I mean the one you don't have to make up swastika out of 20 different pieces?

Thanks for watching

Mick

Don't know if I am too late , but you are better to get the BECC Fabric Flag ( type AAA is 10mm long ) - or if you want it a bit bigger then its Type AA ( 15mm )

http://www.becc.co.uk/

there is a website list for their suppliers - if you need help PM me - but I used their Flag for the Yukikaze and its a beauty ( far better than a decal and you can flutter it )

No still didn't get any. My mate is going to send me some decal ones out of AFV U-boots along with the PE fret this thing is waiting for :) Have you any nice close ups of those? To be honest all the fabric ones I've seen to up date were weak, grain/knot or whatever you call it was way to big for the scale.... but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong ;) 

3Xp6ccA.jpg

here you go , 1/350 scale , and the flag is only 10mm long ( Type AAA )

note - the photo was taken with a macro lens , in real life ( you will have to just trust me - or not ) the ' fabric weave ' can't be seen with the naked eye

I would say , this is well worth your effort buying , rather than a Decal ) or Photo-etch ) - but the choice is , of course , yours .....

kind regards

David

• Thanks 1

Well Yuki looks nice, are there any more pictures of it somewhere on the forum? As for the ensign, for me that's no-go you can get far better result with decal on the tin foil. There's no fabric weave whatsoever and you can form even very 'radical' shapes :) Thanks for advice anyway, it's always better to know more than less :yes:

Edited by Michael M

These are self adhesive vinyl ones, while they have no fabric weave, they're thick like plywood... I will get them AFV ones so hopefully that will solve the problem, if not... we'll worry about it then. But i do appreciate your rescue attempts ;) I just taught someone would have some leftovers knocking about. That probably will be my last nazi ship for a loooong time, so I don't really need 50 of them :) 

• Thanks 1

Decals on foil is fairly easy to make up and surprisingly effective.

I tried it on my last ship build and had good results (similar to your rather excellent White Ensign in the photo above).

Edited by Rob 1
  • Thanks 1

On the bridge...

36675411880_fae6f42490_o.jpg

36237179534_96708c0de1_o.jpg

... don't you even try to touch my gun you little b.astards....

36675412150_90aa6019f3_o.jpg

...  then Hans gave him a slap and I finished him of with elbow ...

36675412170_cd4760612e_o.jpg

36237179704_450ffa6a3b_o.jpg

...Oi girls, we'll be back in a week, give us some phone numbers...

36675412360_6385616e2a_o.jpg

• Like 5

This is an excellent build all round, but those figures really set it off - makes it look big like a real ship as the detail of the figures give it all a really good scale effect.

You've set a high standard of detail here, cap badges and all, but also thoughtfully positioned the crew in small groups where you might expect them to be. Well done.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rob 1 said:

This is an excellent build all round, but those figures really set it off - makes it look big like a real ship as the detail of the figures give it all a really good scale effect.

You've set a high standard of detail here, cap badges and all, but also thoughtfully positioned the crew in small groups where you might expect them to be. Well done.

totally agree - a lovely job

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...