Z-39, Dragon, 1:350

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Hull is more less done, maybe some green stuff around waterline to finish it.

Artillery:

Ā 

54_zpsx6meh3w8.jpg

Ā 

53_zpsleolzzpf.jpg

Ā 

Those monstrosities on the sides are glued in just toĀ plug holes made for them by Dragon...... It'll beĀ fun to get rid of them without getting rid of all the surface detail :)

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I recommend that method wholeheartedly. It's easier to do shading this way without a screw-up. Building up highlights on black requires more layers and time, it's easier to control, than doing it opposite way ;)Ā Now that is my personal opinion, so I won't hold it against you if you disagree ;)

21 hours ago, Michael M said:

I recommend that method wholeheartedly. It's easier to do shading this way without a screw-up. Building up highlights on black requires more layers and time, it's easier to control, than doing it opposite way ;)Ā Now that is my personal opinion, so I won't hold it against you if you disagree ;)

I completely agree, Michael. I've pre-shaded many armour models but not tried it on a ship. I think I'm going to have to try it.

Cheers

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Michael M said:

Well Dave, I believe that the world belongs to the brave men, go for itĀ :P

My Lexington is already primed but I willĀ give it a try on my USS Independence.

Cheers

Phase one of my own attempt. I'm sure, that it can be done way better, I'm learning and experimenting as I go, as everyone else ;)

68_zpsxurjii2e.jpg

Ā 

69_zpslorlxb9y.jpg

Ā 

70_zpstmaro0ij.jpg

Ā 

71_zps1ild0doc.jpg

Ā 

72_zpskgscaoad.jpg

Ā 

73_zpsme6idnoz.jpg

Ā 

74_zpsggipanrr.jpg

Ā 

75_zpsnatuiiha.jpg

Ā 

Dave which Independence is that? If one of those LCS's than armour methods will suit it well, it even looks more like Abrams than a ship ;)

Ā 

Cheers
Mick
Ā 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Michael M said:

Even better, 1:700 then? I was strongly considering the bigger brother in 1:350, maybe some day... ;)

Yes, 1:700. I was looking at the 1:350 in a model shop last year and I was sorely tempted.

4 hours ago, Michael M said:

Aye it's nice and big bugger, and with all the stuff available for it it definitely is a tempting subject. Just not exactly my favourite time period, same as this nazi piece of scrap ;)

I just don't have enough room to build or display anything that size.Ā