IDF Sherman M1.

Bullbasket

19 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Thanks Etienne. Try it. But be careful. They're addictive. I've built at least 15, and I've got loads more to do!!

Regards,

John.

Thanks for the advice, I know I'm prone to addictions so for time being, I'll stay away from Shermans for some time ... a few months probably, a few weeks if I'm weak :P

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching this with interest as I have an unstarted M1 project.  Although I chose to use the complete Dragon M4A1(76) as a basis, which I picked up for less than the price of a Tamiya offering with indy link tracks and a metal barrel included. That kit has the early T23 turret configuration with twin large hatches, but some of these did find their way to the IDF.  The subject I have in mind also has no muzzle brake, just the thread collar.

To echo others, very well done here: excellent work.  I will be filing this thread away for future reference.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Carius said:

Looks fantastic, I like that a lot.

Many thanks Cesar. I'm hoping to post it in RFI soon as I'm working on the figures and the base.

John.

8 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Been watching this with interest as I have an unstarted M1 project.  Although I chose to use the complete Dragon M4A1(76) as a basis, which I picked up for less than the price of a Tamiya offering with indy link tracks and a metal barrel included. That kit has the early T23 turret configuration with twin large hatches, but some of these did find their way to the IDF.  The subject I have in mind also has no muzzle brake, just the thread collar.

To echo others, very well done here: excellent work.  I will be filing this thread away for future reference.

Thanks for the comments.

You can't do any better than to get hold of Robert Manasherob's book on the early Sherman M1's in IDF service. Good walk around photos, service photos, 1/35th scale drawings and some colour profiles. There were many combinations of main gun, turret and track and this helps sort it out.

John.