Burma Bandit...1/48 MiG-29S (9-13) Myanmar Airforce

Reini78

Brilliant work on this Fulcrum! The Russians do have some nice 'air-superiority' schemes for their fighters (I realise this is Burmese/Myanmaran(?) but they used the Russian/Soviet scheme).

Regards,

Jason

:jump_fire::wall::banghead:

Sometimes a modeler is his own worst enemy.....

My dad thought from the beginning that the spine of the model looks a bit too round but he and me thought it was because of the angle we looked at it.

Yesterday he did the stencils and today he wanted to start with the main markings. There he realized the fuselage side area after the cockpit was missing some bulges. Then I looked closer into the 9-12 and 9-13 versions and had to find out that GWH accidentally packed a 9-13 upper fuselage half instead of a 9-12 in the box. For those who don´t know the GWH MiG-29 kits, the upper fuselage half is packed in an extra box in the box.

Don´t know what happens with the model, shelf of doom, trashcan, or sanding/removing the decals from the upper side, washing off the paint and/or repainting..in the latter case maybe do a Turkemenistan or Azerbaijan 9-13 in blueish tri-color camo....

hmmm,

2 hours ago, Reini78 said:

:jump_fire::wall::banghead:

Sometimes a modeler is his own worst enemy.....

My dad thought from the beginning that the spine of the model looks a bit too round but he and me thought it was because of the angle we looked at it.

Yesterday he did the stencils and today he wanted to start with the main markings. There he realized the fuselage side area after the cockpit was missing some bulges. Then I looked closer into the 9-12 and 9-13 versions and had to find out that GWH accidentally packed a 9-13 upper fuselage half instead of a 9-12 in the box. For those who don´t know the GWH MiG-29 kits, the upper fuselage half is packed in an extra box in the box.

Don´t know what happens with the model, shelf of doom, trashcan, or sanding/removing the decals from the upper side, washing off the paint and/or repainting..in the latter case maybe do a Turkemenistan or Azerbaijan 9-13 in blueish tri-color camo....

not so fast: as far as I can see Myanmar/ Burma also operates 9.13s

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/myanmar-to-receive-new-batch-of-mig-29s-from-march-353771/

10 minutes ago, exdraken said:

hmmm,

not so fast: as far as I can see Myanmar/ Burma also operates 9.13s

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/myanmar-to-receive-new-batch-of-mig-29s-from-march-353771/

would need  decals with other numbers in the same style and also to change the camo pattern...they all looked slightly different

15 hours ago, exdraken said:

ok, the Burma Bandit isn´t dead yet......I realized the numbers are RAF style, which would be available from Fantasy Printshop.....some minor changes (again) to the upper camo pattern.....already talked with my dad and he considers this solution, would be less work than doing the whole aircraft new

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reini78 said:

ok, the Burma Bandit isn´t dead yet......I realized the numbers are RAF style, which would be available from Fantasy Printshop.....some minor changes (again) to the upper camo pattern.....already talked with my dad and he considers this solution, would be less work than doing the whole aircraft new

AND you can keep the rarely modeled topic! 

Good luck!

Good you found a solution for the numbers

Happy modelling,

Cheers, Werner

• 2 weeks later...

Intended to be RFI in the coming days, but now (hopefully) a final setback...

My dad attached the canopy with Micro Klear to paint it together with the rest, now he demasked it and saw that paintspray got on the inner canopy side...wanted to remove it.....crack

DSC_0009_zpstegwnjks.jpg

Luckily we have another GWH MiG-29 in our stash for a replacement canopy at the moment now. Try to get a new one from GWH for the second kit in the future.

The rest is more or less finished

DSC_0008_zpsmymwnjgw.jpg

• Like 1

Hello, beautiful MiG :D Maybe this photo will help you with detaling the wheelbay.

sut_mig-29_28.jpg

Edited by rudolf24