Concorde - Revell 1/72

CedB

Really great work Ced. That penultimate shot of the nose/glass area epitomises the quality of work and labour you've put into this. Huzzahs and Hallelujahs on this one sir!

Tony

• Like 1

Thanks Tony. Worth the effort on the nose IMHO - that's the bit that I see most as she sits over my desk.

The pain of the build is fading now, thankfully!

Thanks Stesca. I must admit I stare at her every time I sit at my desk.

Thanks Ray and Knight Flyer - an epic build indeed... not up there with the greats but certainly long.

Hmmm. All my models are 1/72 and I like to keep to that scale, but the 1/144 looks like a much easier kit and would certainly fit more easily in the house :) 

If you want to look before you buy:

• the 1/144 instructions are here, Skill level: 3, Length: 433 mm, Parts: 67. No horrid joins on the two part fuselage (the nose is separate and can be modelled up or drooped)
  • the 1/72 instructions are a 5Mb download and can be found here if you search on the page. Skill level: 5, Length: 859 mm, Parts: lots. The only kit I've seen that shows you where to trowel the filler...
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CedB said:

Hmmm. All my models are 1/72 and I like to keep to that scale, but the 1/144 looks like a much easier kit and would certainly fit more easily in the house :) 

If you want to look before you buy:

• the 1/144 instructions are here, Skill level: 3, Length: 433 mm, Parts: 67. No horrid joins on the two part fuselage (the nose is separate and can be modelled up or drooped)
  • the 1/72 instructions are a 5Mb download and can be found here if you search on the page. Skill level: 5, Length: 859 mm, Parts: lots. The only kit I've seen that shows you where to trowel the filler...

The only kit I've seen that shows you where to trowel the filler...

are you trying to convince me? lol

• Like 1

Thanks Sailorboy - I'm not going to influence you either way!! But don't say you weren't warned :D

Thanks Rob - ah, the 'phone upgrade time warp again. :) 

• Like 1

Ced, you've done a remarkable job on a model with particularly nasty reputation. Probably worse than the infamous Airfix Buccanneer.

Now that you have this vast repository of knowledge, are you gonna build another one, or is this one of those, "Never Again." moments??

You might want to try re photographing her with a large piece of background paper to provide a less distracting background, but that in no way is meant to disparage your model.

Thanks for posting!

david

• Like 1