1/48 IRIAF F-14A Ali cat

Here is my iranian IRIAF F-14A Ali cat,finished this week

built from academy kit,painted with Vallejo air. heavy weathered as this plane is old enough.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by mbxxx
  • Like 31

11 hours ago, Antoine said:

Very nice.

Just one small thing, AIM-9L is not used by IRIAF Tomcat, it was never delivered.

Better go for an AIM-9J.

;)

Yeah +1 on that, didn't have the heart to say myself first. Plus there are lumps and bumps that need to be removed aswell but you wouldn't know it if you didn't know kinda thing. 

Also I know the sand camo ones didn't have drop tanks, perhaps they do now that they are grey camo? But either way, the way they look is like the intakes are on the wrong sides, because the tanks are 'inboard' instead of 'outboard' on the intakes, and getting these two parts swapped over during the build (if it's possible?) is the only way I can see the tanks end up being mounted like that? 

On 6 December 2016 at 0:37 PM, AntPhillips said:

Great build, and a lovely scheme.

Following up on Antoine's post, the Sparrows should also be mounted with fins in a vertical and horizontal axis, like + not X (the top front fin sits inside the pylon).

On 6 December 2016 at 5:17 PM, Tony Oliver said:

Yeah +1 on that, didn't have the heart to say myself first. Plus there are lumps and bumps that need to be removed aswell but you wouldn't know it if you didn't know kinda thing. 

Also I know the sand camo ones didn't have drop tanks, perhaps they do now that they are grey camo? But either way, the way they look is like the intakes are on the wrong sides, because the tanks are 'inboard' instead of 'outboard' on the intakes, and getting these two parts swapped over during the build (if it's possible?) is the only way I can see the tanks end up being mounted like that? 

On 6 December 2016 at 5:57 AM, Antoine said:

Very nice.

Just one small thing, AIM-9L is not used by IRIAF Tomcat, it was never delivered.

Better go for an AIM-9J.

;)

thanks for suggestions,I will make some corrections:)

• Like 1