Yakovlev UT-1b - 1/48 Mikro-Mir

Hi,

This is the 1/48 Mikro-Mir kit, a pretty good kit to build considering its short-run nature, with no major fit issue. This kit requires quite some work nonetheless as each part was either thinned to look more realistic or re-made. About 80% of the cockpit was scratchbuilt as the original one is really not convincing. Same for the landing gear bay which I had to thermoform as the one provided in the kit was not hollow. I used the lovely engine from Vector, but this guy also needs some time to look descent.

Antoine

AA.JPG

E.JPGG.JPGH.JPGHH.jpg

• Like 23

This is a fantastic build of a funny-looking plane I had no idea existed!

Congratulations for an outstanding achievement!!!

JR

Cheers mates for your nice comments, I am happy you like it :)

On 04/12/2016 at 10:03 PM, manuel said:

I like it. Do you have pictures of the cockpit?

Manuel

I don't have nice pictures of the finished cockpit, but you can find some pics of the cockpit in-progress here http://toniosky7.blogspot.fr/2014/06/yakovlev-ut-1b-mikro-mir-148-part-4.html

On 05/12/2016 at 9:00 PM, jean said:

This is a fantastic build of a funny-looking plane I had no idea existed!

Congratulations for an outstanding achievement!!!

JR

The concept of the aircraft is pretty interesting actually: the soviets converted a civilian training a/c by adding two 7.62 ShKAS on the wings and two pairs of rocket. The type was mainly used to harass enemy troops during the night

2 minutes ago, toniosky said:

The concept of the aircraft is pretty interesting actually: the soviets converted a civilian training a/c by adding two 7.62 ShKAS on the wings and two pairs of rocket. The type was mainly used to harass enemy troops during the night

Just the type of boring, 9 to 5 job I hate... Having said that, some people are madder than others!

JR

• Haha 1