This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul Budzik

Fabrication 101 ... Latest Video Up ...

6 posts in this topic

Brilliant video as always Paul. Great idea to get the reference lines throughout the block. Flawless skill in the shaping too.

Thanks for making the vids

CT 

1 person likes this

Great video, and I have no doubt it will be very useful for people who have a workshop full of expensive power tools.

As someone who grew up scratchbuilding on the kitchen table with whatever tools my Dad would allow me to borrow I always worry that this sort of video has the potential to put people off trying to scratchbuild, rather than encouraging them to try.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Kiwidave4 said:

Great video, and I have no doubt it will be very useful for people who have a workshop full of expensive power tools.

As someone who grew up scratchbuilding on the kitchen table with whatever tools my Dad would allow me to borrow I always worry that this sort of video has the potential to put people off trying to scratchbuild, rather than encouraging them to try.

I for one find inspiration. I don't have a shop like Paul's nor all those tools. I do have a battery powered pen grinder and a dremel, but no others. But his videos give me ideas about using what I have and applying a variation of his techniques to achieve a result. As an example, his method of making the RF-101 nose I can apply to a Boeing PW-9 nose that I've been planning. 

1 person likes this

A masterclass as usual Paul. 

Your approach to modelling in general and scratchbuilding in particular has a certain elegance about it which I find truly inspirational.

Thank you.

1 person likes this

I have visited your site before, its a veritable treasure trove of modeling content.

1 person likes this