White Print!

docipaul

I understand that they have been magnified, but we're also talking an expensive printer here, from which I'd expect a much better quality. Printing a 1.5 mm tall font on a normal laser printer is generally no big deal, it would be interesting to understand if this is the best that this printer can do using white toner or if it's  just a matter of finding the right combination for a better result. Small white lettering is often used in models for stencils, being able to print these is IMHO quite important

There are free vector graphics programs, just as powerful as the commercial ones. Inkscape is what I use and the graphic can be scaled almost infinitely. I've got artwork at 1x2 inches printed at 22x44 inches with zero pixelation. I've also done FAA serial numbers in 1/72 and they look perfect. 

I've done many home made decals on a Canon colour laser printer and the use of vector images makes a massive difference. Using a basic drawing program the letters can be rough edged and jagged. But using something like Adobe Illustrator to create the letters makes them perfect at any size..