Grumman Gb Chat

TEMPESTMK5

• 1 month later...

I thought I had shown interest but can't see me on the list so Yes I am up for it. Have a couple Hasegawa Avengers and RNZAF decals for it/them( boxed set of two) plus an Eduard Hellcat. (Is that enough for now?)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JWM said:

A have a couple of Grumanns in stash - the most close to top are Goose, Duck and Gosling... This could be a good motivation to work on...

Cheers

J-W

Good morning J-W

Goose  Duck and Gosling would make a good change to the Cats aircraft often seen on forum ..

Patrice

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning all

If all goes well this Gb will take place next year but as I am also the host for the P47 Thunderbolt STGB II I would appreciate some help for co hosting this one ..

Thank you in advance ..

Patrice

• Like 1

@TEMPESTMK5... Patrice if you need help i can do that. Id have to brush up on the lesser known grummans from the ‘30’s. However I'm pretty familiar with WW2 on. Since im in on this build as a participant might be a good thing to get experience.

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
Additional

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

@TEMPESTMK5... Patrice if you need help i can do that. Id have to brush up on the lesser known grummans from the ‘30’s. However I'm pretty familiar with WW2 on. Since im in on this build as a participant might be a goid thing to get experience.

Good evening Corsairfoxfouruncle

Thank you I appreciate your offer ..

Patrice

• Like 1

I've just had a look in The Stash.  I have numerous Hellcats and Wildcats, plus a couple of Tomcats.

However, I think I will go with the F9F Cougar.  It this case, probably three builds: the fighter version, the photo recce version and the two seat trainer version.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I've just had a look in The Stash.  I have numerous Hellcats and Wildcats, plus a couple of Tomcats.

However, I think I will go with the F9F Cougar.  It this case, probably three builds: the fighter version, the photo recce version and the two seat trainer version.

Good morning Enzo

You can build your Hellcat and Wildcat for the Carrier Gb and keep the Cougar for this Gb ..

Best regards

Patrice  

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2017 at 07:43, TEMPESTMK5 said:

You can build your Hellcat and Wildcat for the Carrier Gb

I will definitely be building a Wildcat in the Carrier GB.   I intend to build USS Enterprise CV-6 and one each of the three aircraft types that she carried.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks, any idea what Humbrol colour to use for that dark blue the US Navy Aircraft used in that era ?

Not sure if it was the same blue in the Pacific Theatre fighters, but I have been using Humbrol 104 for the darker on my last couple of Pacific War aircraft, Helldiver and Hellcat in the Matchbox GB

The colour you are after is FS15042, Humbrol used to have this colour as Sea Blue (Hu181). I saw in another thread that someone had used Humbrol 15 on their USN build for a Bearcat in the same colour.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2017 at 10:44 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Thanks, any idea what Humbrol colour to use for that dark blue the US Navy Aircraft used in that era ?

Do yourself a favour Pat. Get to Sovereign Hobbies site and order a bunch of their enamels, you'll Thank me for it, believe me. They're like a trip in time back to Humbrol Authentics and then some. Us enamel users need a break every so often especially when you're building vacforms and resin kits....

While I'm here has anybody any recommendations for a 1/48 Avenger??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Do yourself a favour Pat. Get to Sovereign Hobbies site and order a bunch of their enamels, you'll Thank me for it, believe me. They're like a trip in time back to Humbrol Authentics and then some. Us enamel users need a break every so often especially when you're building vacforms and resin kits....

While I'm here has anybody any recommendations for a 1/48 Avenger??

Thanks SS, I will have a look.

I think I have the monogram Avenger if you are interested ?

cheers Pat

On 20/12/2017 at 11:40 PM, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Not sure if it was the same blue in the Pacific Theatre fighters, but I have been using Humbrol 104 for the darker on my last couple of Pacific War aircraft, Helldiver and Hellcat in the Matchbox GB

The colour you are after is FS15042, Humbrol used to have this colour as Sea Blue (Hu181). I saw in another thread that someone had used Humbrol 15 on their USN build for a Bearcat in the same colour.

The closest Federal Standard colour to each of the 3 distinctly different WW2 era ANA6xx Sea Blues used by the US Navy on WW2 aircraft is FSx5042, but it doesn't actually exactly match any of them and it didn't exist until 1956. :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Flicking through the GB Calendar I spotted this along with a rather predictable Hasegawa 1/48 F-14 in the stash with an equally predictable aftermarket decal sheet and some resin boomy bits.

Hoping to get a bit more done this year, so, if youll have me, please dont shoot me for my obvious choice. :)