HU. 816 Squadron RAN 31 Bravo

NAVY870

12 hours ago, Devo said:

Looking good so far Steve.

A ? if I may, can the HAS 1 sonar stay as is, if one was to model a ASW fit 31A from the Italeri kit??

Cheers,

Devo

We had a shed load of sonar transducers in the museum store (some stores basher thought we would like all the sonar gear pulled out

of the A models) They looked the same as what Italeri has molded. I believe the original fit in the A's was identical to

the HAS.1 but cant confirm due to my very limited knowledge of fling wing sub pouncing gear :)

If I remember correctly Steve, the original sonar inthe HAS 1's was similar if not the same as that fitted in the HAS 7 Whirlwinds and then that was up graded. That upgraded went into the 31's It wasn't until the 3's came into being that it was upgraded again.

9 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

We had a shed load of sonar transducers in the museum store (some stores basher thought we would like all the sonar gear pulled out

of the A models) They looked the same as what Italeri has molded. I believe the original fit in the A's was identical to

the HAS.1 but cant confirm due to my very limited knowledge of fling wing sub pouncing gear :)

VMT Steve. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this is where you've been hiding yourself. :D

Just caught up with this and liking that work on the internals very much indeed Steve. Good luck with this, I'll be keeping an eye on it now.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Some more work on the cabin.

The seats are a combination of Italeri bases with Gallery backs and belts. 

The floor board is a lump of card painted black, I didnt bother weathering it as they were quite dark in service

Aircrewie seat is a couple of bits of card to represent the wooden top and the cushion.

_1042384_zpsgfshrlt9.jpg

_1042382_zpswfcslstx.jpg

_1042380_zps7jnolt9q.jpg

_1042379_zpsm2igwzgr.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

This is as far as I've been able to progress

Fuselage together and the belly part fitted, between this and the appalling fit of the nose halves I do

have to wonder if Italeri were paying attention when designing this thing.

_2052788_zpsptf2oc7j.jpg

_2052792_zpsilo51bnq.jpg

_2052791_zpsd1zhl04h.jpg

_2052793_zpsbamkaxec.jpg

Added the air start bottles and gubbins to the nose, not happy how the bottles are sitting, I may have to rip them out

and have another go.

_2052796_zpsmsm4mue8.jpg

_2052798_zpsnr0pfgtg.jpg

I'll start a new post in work in progress when I get round to finishing it.

Now for those interested in the deHavilliand interlopers.

I was contacted shortly before Christmas about two Venom wrecks that were located in the bush and asked if I wanted them

Didnt really though I did have a plan to put some wings back on WZ.897, downside was if I didnt take them then they were off to

the scrap merchant.

Couldnt have that so my long awaited long service leave was spent dragging these pair back to civilisation

_1092512_zpszoea7vqo.jpg

IMG_0716_zpsrihtze9k.jpg

• Like 2

Well done on the Venom save Steve.

I think by the time you get all th emesh grill on th eintale openign it's going to look OK. I have some drawings I ran up for the PE parts, including the larger area covered on the Oz cabs. I can send you a copy if you are interested?

Your comments re Italeri not paying attention are well founded. I received the H-34 last week and they have retooled the two fus, halved, so no unsightly fill lines fior th edifferent window fit.. It remains to be seen as to whether it goes together any better.

I doubt it will be as good as the Gallery kit...

I'll see if the Mods would like a review on it...

I'm taking a break until the end of the month to sort my man cave out properly.

Colin