Deleted - No Traders

Micro Master

Is there any way I could buy just one of these?  I'm keen to scratch build an Erebus/Terror class monitor as HMS Saracen at some stage & one of these would be a good start. I'm sure that Saracen would have had the increased elevation upgrade by the time of her "famous" Malta convoy action. ;):)

Steve

Thanks for those thoughts, of course, with Saracen being a fictional approximation of a Erebus/Terror class ship, it doesn't matter too much but as I'll do it pretty close to one of the real ships, its probably no harder to get it right rather than wrong, especially if the right type of turret is available. Best I dig my copy of Royal Navy Monitors out.

Steve.

Hi Simon, from my point of view there is absolutely no panic on this, as with most of my modelling it's got a long lead time but it'd be good to lay these things in, I'm just off nights & back from the school run. I think I'll probably model my Saracen much as Terror was before she was sunk so not sure if she had pompoms then, I know Erebus did later on, but my reasoning is the Saracen's convoy must have been 1941/42, much the same time as HMS Terror was operating in the Med. I'll do some swot & let you know but I'd be happy to wait on the Mk 1s anyway.

Steve.

• Greg B locked this topic