They also serve

There were a huge number of nominations for 2018 groupbuilds.  Sadly only nine of them could get a place. :(

So I have a suggestion - or even a challenge...

Try and honour one of the GBs which didn't make it this year by making a suitable entry in a GB which did...

I am going to honour the Duel GB by building a Chieftain tank and a T-55 in the 1970s NATO v Warpac GB.

The Nordic Countries GB could be honoured by building a Danish or Norwegian F-16, a Finnish Hawk in the Made In Britain GB or a Finnish Mig-21 in the From Russia With Love GB

The Anzac GB could have lots of things from Made In Britain.   RNZAF Strikemaster, anyone? 

Dawn of the Jet age?   Prototypes

Spanish Civil War?  From Russia With Love

Nightfighter GB?    Here's where my plan falls to the ground, 'cos there's just no scope whatsoever for nightfighters in any of the current GBs..   :mental:  :rofl:  

How about it?   

• Like 7

Great idea Enzo.

21 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Nightfighter GB?    Here's where my plan falls to the ground, 'cos there's just no scope whatsoever for nightfighters in any of the current GBs..   :mental:  :rofl:  

How about it?   

There is - lots of night fighter had Radial engines like Beaufigter and Do 217.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

How about it?   

25 minutes ago, Basilisk said:

Great idea Enzo.

Cheers, Peter

Also "Made in Britain" or "De Havilland" in case of the Mossie NF.

• Like 1

Awesome idea though Enzo.  I'll try to give a nod towards the Nordic GB if I find time to do the F-104 STGB. :cheers:  

I also plan on building a race car this coming year anyways...GB or not! :lol: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Great idea Enzo.

Cheers, Peter

And the Do 17Z, P-70, Boston night intruder, Ju 88R, Blenheim NF, Corsair NF, Hellcat NF, etc.

There are plenty of possabilities.

Cheers,

This is a great idea and one I'm fully in favour of. In a sense I've tried to do the same in 2016 by building a few Italian machines since the Italy GB didn't make it, I'll be happy to do it agai in 2017.

The Nordic GB will be remembered by a Norwegian F-104 that I've planned for a long time (NATO 70's or the 104 STGB). The ANZAC GB by probably a Mirage III (in the Mirage or Matchbox GB). The SCW GB could be honoured by an early 109 in the Bf.109 STGB, nightfigthers with either a DH Mosquito (DH GB) or any radial engined type (maybe a CR.42CN in the nightfighters GB) and also in the Matchbox GB. The SEA GB will be honoured with a Spitfire with suitable markings in the Best of Britain GB. The Dawn of jets with an early Lavockin in the from Russia with Love GB.. I'm sure I've forgotten some but will look into more suitable subjects

• Like 2

On 30/11/2016 at 3:58 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

The Nordic Countries GB could be honoured by building a... Finnish Hawk in the Made In Britain GB

Hmm, an Italian kit of a Finnish "assembled" [?] aircraft, model built in the USA, but origin of type (and parts?) the UK.  That's the sort of rampant "My Country Right or Wrong" patriotism I can get behind!  And here's the video, complete with airplane content, and the addition of another country.

Thanks for the idea, Enzo- that's been on my to-do list for some time, so I might just have to.  It's looking to be a jet-ty year!

bob

• 1 month later...

I'll think you'll find some infiltration from the SCW Legion under Air Marshal Frostie-Cruncher already planned.

I assume the Nightfighter comment was tongue-in-cheek? According to the Farley Fruitbat reference thread in Chat the various night fighting Fruitbats alone offer enticing prospects.

Seriously that's a very good idea Enzo which I shall attempt to honour.

• Like 1

On 4.12.2016 at 11:24 AM, gingerbob said:

Hmm, an Italian kit of a Finnish "assembled" [?] aircraft, model built in the USA, but origin of type (and parts?) the UK. 

Hi Bob,

Most of the Finnish Hawk 51s were assembled from main components (wing and fuselage) delivered from the UK.

If you instead choose to built a former Swiss one you could built your model from an Italian kit of a British type assembled in Switzerland and upgraded in Finland with Czech decals ;)

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 2

Yup, that's my plans also!

De Haviland build will be Spanish Civil War themed as will as many others as I can manage!

Christian, exiled to africa

On 17/01/2017 at 6:52 PM, AaCee26 said:

Haha! Not so many know that!

Well, I meant Finnish decals from a Czech producer :blink:

- AaCee

I was thinking of trying Czech AF scheme to honour the What If? IV GB. I think I may get rumbled though.:wicked:

• Like 1

On 22.1.2017 at 8:27 AM, SleeperService said:

I was thinking of trying Czech AF scheme to honour the What If? IV GB. I think I may get rumbled though.:wicked:

Oh yes, for sure!

If you choose Polish AF it was even given a chance to happen with Patria upgraded used ones but decision was made to go to brand new aircraft.

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1