Hawker (Siddeley) GB Chat

Col.

Go on, I will have a crack at this.  With a years notice I may actually take part this time.

Have always fancied making an Airfix Sea Hawk.  And yes I am sure it is a really poor model, and it goes against my principles as

a WAFU machine, but I would be in.  

• Like 1

On 13/12/2016 at 8:53 AM, vppelt68 said:

Is it stretching too much if you allow certain Hawker Siddeley- designed a/c like a Hawk Mk. 51 :whistle: to be eligible?

On 13/12/2016 at 11:13 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

Grey area on the hawk, the early production ones and the prototypes are eligible may be better to rule it out entirely, as whrere to draw the line is tricky, a 1978 BAe Hawk T1 is no different from to a 1977 HS Hawk T1, but things start changing once the export hawks come about 

:hmmm: I had a read around the subject and it's not so simple as I first thought. Seems there's rather a grey area as to when Hawker Aircraft Ltd. became Hawker Siddeley as well as how far removed Avro and Armstrong Whittworth are from the parent company. There's two options that I can see; either we make it only those subjects which were Hawker-branded products and thus go from the Woodcock in 1923 to the P.1127 in 1960 or extend into Hawker Siddeley-branded products and thus include the Hawk, Harrier, Trident, Nimrod and the such like. Personally I now favour the latter option and so propose this becomes the Hawker (Siddeley) GB.

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

Only one Hawker in my stash (HS.125) and it's only 1/200 scale.  Still, that's better than nothing so please sign me up too Col!

Cliff

A good one though Cliff :thumbsup: 

1 hour ago, PLC1966 said:

Go on, I will have a crack at this.  With a years notice I may actually take part this time.

Have always fancied making an Airfix Sea Hawk.  And yes I am sure it is a really poor model, and it goes against my principles as

a WAFU machine, but I would be in.  

Sounds good to me ;) 

• Like 2

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:57 AM, Col. said:

11 of us so far. Anyone else up for a Hawker GB?

Put me down for this Col, I've always fancied making some of the inter-war biplanes and this seems as good an opportunity as any.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Count me in anyway, if Hawks came too late then a ragwing Finnish Hurricane I is definitely pure Hawker product 😁. V-P

I've expanded the proposal to include Hawker Siddeley subjects as well so the Hawk is good :) Not that a Finnish Hurricane would be anything less than a fantastic subject for the GB of course; perhaps you'll consider both?

1 hour ago, Col. said:

You're in there now Rob :) 

Can't like it but cheers Col! 

Got to be one of my favourite aircraft companies, designed such great gun platforms! Strong and powerful aircraft, right up my street.

Rob

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/12/2016 at 2:57 PM, SleeperService said:

I have a barely started Fury from the Lesser Built AF GB that I'd finish here if allowed. Otherwise I'd better poke Mark at Miliverse about his 48th Singapore Hunter sheets.

On 05/12/2016 at 6:34 PM, Col. said:

I'd be delighted to see your Yugoslavian Fury return to the workbench for this GB if it isn't too far along SS. Any photos of how far you got with it?

Although if Miliverse are doing decals for a Singapore AF Hunter that does sound rather tasty as well.

Bit of a change of plan here at SleeperCentral. The Fury has now shuffled up the build list and it seems the Hunter Decals are coming from Miliverse:worthy::yahoo:but possibly not in 48th scale before this GB happens.

So would a Harrier T.10 fit in the redefined scope?

Cheers

Nick

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Bit of a change of plan here at SleeperCentral. The Fury has now shuffled up the build list and it seems the Hunter Decals are coming from Miliverse:worthy::yahoo:but possibly not in 48th scale before this GB happens.

So would a Harrier T.10 fit in the redefined scope?

Cheers

Nick

I'm happy to have the 'plastic wing' Harrier versions such as the T.10 in the GB. While it could be argued these were more a MDD/Boeing design than a Hawker one there's also an argument that US money supported the original project in the first place so rather than get concerned about it let's say a blanket Yes to all Harriers :) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Col. said:

I'm happy to have the 'plastic wing' Harrier versions such as the T.10 in the GB. While it could be argued these were more a MDD/Boeing design than a Hawker one there's also an argument that US money supported the original project in the first place so rather than get concerned about it let's say a blanket Yes to all Harriers :) 

Thank You Wise Master Col :worthy:

I need to go stash mining for the Heritage conversion now. This is also an offering to the Plastic Gods to ensure a kit is released just as this GB finishes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a Hurricane, 2 Typhoons, Tempest, and Sea Fury lurking in my stash. Plus a few Hawks and Harriers,  I'm sure I'll be joining you.

Edited 02 Dec 2017.

Revell Hurricane still unbuilt

Revell_Hurricane.jpg

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
Photobucket correction
  • Like 1