Hawker (Siddeley) GB Chat

Col.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I wonder how many Sea Furys will feature in this GB.  

At least one...  :)

Is that a promise? Hopefully the Airfix one will be in general circulation by then.

So is this just things that were called Hawker or Hawker Siddeley, or would anything from the Hawker Siddeley group (which brings in some Avro and DH products to name just two)? Had a read of the thread but couldn't see if this question has been asked - apologies if I've missed it.

Either way I'm in. Could be a Hurricane, Tempest, Nimrod, Hunter, 1st generation Harrier... plenty of time to decide.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zebra said:

So is this just things that were called Hawker or Hawker Siddeley, or would anything from the Hawker Siddeley group (which brings in some Avro and DH products to name just two)? Had a read of the thread but couldn't see if this question has been asked - apologies if I've missed it.

Either way I'm in. Could be a Hurricane, Tempest, Nimrod, Hunter, 1st generation Harrier... plenty of time to decide.

A good question and one that needs clarification before the GB begins in a couple of months. We did touch on it way back in post 29 but at that time it was only a proposal to expand the scope of the origonal GB idea to include Hawker Siddeley. So, anything that was built, marketed, or refered to during its service life as a Hawker or Hawker Siddeley product is good. This means all of your list is eligible since the Nimrod was refered to as a H.S. product as was the Buccaneer and Harrier. I did also consider including Sopwith designs due to the manner in which Tom Sopwith was one of the founders of Hawker but feel this may be stretching the scope of our GB a little too far as well as bring in strong arguments for the inclusion of A.V. Roe and Armstrong Whitworth products. 

Thus, to reiterate, anything which was refered to as a Hawker or Hawker Siddeley is eligible for this GB.

Edited by Col.

1 hour ago, whiskey said:

So only a GR.1 or AV-8A Harrier would be acceptable?

Any of the tin-wing Harrier marks are allowed to simplify matters :) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Greetings Chaps and Chapess's

If approved I think I'd like to finish my Hawker Fury from HERE in this GB. If not I'll have to have a rethink.

No rethinking required SS. I'd be delighted to see you resume this one during the GB.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

Thanks Col I felt quite bad at not finishing it first time. At the moment things have settled down for the first time in years and may even stay that way for a while....he said hopefully.

Glad to hear life is calming down for you again SS. It tends to get in the way sometimes but thankfully our hobby can be a welcome oasis of calm and relaxation when we get the time to it. At least you'll have something of a head-start with this one when the GB kicks off ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sabre_days said:

At this point, I'm planning to build an 801 Sqn Sea Hurricane I during Operation Pedestal in 1:72 (new-tool Airfix with AlleyCat conversion and DP Casper decals).

Sounds good to me :thumbsup: 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bristol boy said:

Bought this in the excellent model shop in Porthmadog last summer, now I have an excuse to build it...

25112614128_42c046b3ae_c.jpg

Ooh yes! Very nice subject choice :thumbsup: 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Col,

I'd like to know if the following builds are eligible for the GB. They've been started already but not much as been done.

1.Airfix Harrier GR.3

In this one I've just taken the main parts (fuselage, wings, cockpit) off the sprues, cleaned and test fitted them.

2. Academy Typhoon Mk. Ib

I've took the main parts (fuselage, wings) off the sprues and test fitted them. I've also painted the resin exhausts I'll be using in this build.

3. Academy Tempest Mk. V

In this one all parts are still in the sprues. I've just painted the resin exhausts I'll be using in the build.

Thanks for your attention.

Jaime

3 hours ago, jrlx said:

Hi Col,

I'd like to know if the following builds are eligible for the GB. They've been started already but not much as been done...

All three are well below the 25% line and therefore good to pick for this GB Jamie :D

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Col. said:

All three are well below the 25% line and therefore good to pick for this GB Jamie :D

Thanks,  Col.! I'll start my participation in the GB with the Harrier. If time allows, I'll add the Typhoon and Tempest and build them in parallel.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jrlx said:

Thanks,  Col.! I'll start my participation in the GB with the Harrier. If time allows, I'll add the Typhoon and Tempest and build them in parallel.

Cheers

Jaime

I like the sound of that plan Jamie :thumbsup: 

• Like 1