Hawker (Siddeley) GB Chat

Col.

What do you think gang, a Group Build for all Hawker and Hawker Siddeley designed products? Fury, Demon, Hart, Hurricane, Typhoon, Tempest, Sea Fury, Sea Hawk, Hunter, Harrier, Hawk, Trident, Nimrod to name a few.

1. Col.

2. PhantomBigStu

3. Caerbannog

4. Rob G

5. Basilisk

6. rio

7. PlaStix

8. TEMPESTMK5

9. SleeperService

10. Beard

11. franky boy

12. CliffB

13. PLC1966

14. nimrod54

15. Arniec

16. vppelt68

17. Grandboof

18. TrojanThunder

19. jrlx

20. rob85

21. Hockeyboy76

22. snapper_city

23. theplasticsurgeon

24. Black Knight

25. Doug Rogers

26. charlie_c67

27. Roland Pulfrew

28. Paul J

29. bull-nut

30. Sabre_days

31. Bonhoff

32. wyverns4

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Had both a hurri STGB and Hunter earlier in the year, but as we have a dehavellend GB in 2017 why not a hawker one in 2018?

So we did :rolleyes: :sorry:

A Hawker GB it is then. I'll amend the thread title to suit. Thanks Stu.

• Like 1

Only if it'll be after the new Airfix Sea Fury is released.

Although I imagine that with the state of GBs at the moment, this one may not get a slot until after Airfix release their new tool 1/72nd(!) Sea Fury (that's a joke, in case no-one gets it. Airfix haven't announced a new 72th Sea Fury (yet))

Put me down. At worst, I have Hurricanes (in 2 scales), Harriers, a single Hunter, a Hobbycraft Sea Fury (with resin bits) and probably others that I can't recall right now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

I always like the "maufacturers GB" as they give the rare types a chance :-)

Count me in please.

René

Hawkers certainly had a few oddities in amongst the classics of their back catalogue. Be great to have you aboard René. :D 

8 hours ago, Rob G said:

Only if it'll be after the new Airfix Sea Fury is released.

Although I imagine that with the state of GBs at the moment, this one may not get a slot until after Airfix release their new tool 1/72nd(!) Sea Fury (that's a joke, in case no-one gets it. Airfix haven't announced a new 72th Sea Fury (yet))

Put me down. At worst, I have Hurricanes (in 2 scales), Harriers, a single Hunter, a Hobbycraft Sea Fury (with resin bits) and probably others that I can't recall right now.

I think, now that you have mentioned it, the forthcoming Airfix Sea Fury will be a popular subject for this one :D

Sounds as if we have a range of similar subjects in our stashes, Hunters and Harriers make up a surprising builk of my one, so I'm sure we'll have no shortage of options ;) 

7 hours ago, Basilisk said:

Certainly lots of possibilities and Hawker designed and manufactured some great looking aircraft. So yes please count me in.

Cheers Peter

Sir Sydney Camm certainly drew some lovely looking aircraft. Welcome aboard Peter :thumbsup: 

8 minutes ago, rio said:

Count me in. Can really get behind this one.

Rio

4 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Yep, please add me to the list. I've got a couple of things I can build.

Kind regards,

Stix

Delighted to have you both aboard :D 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

This thread demonstrates just how vibrant the Britmodeller groupbuild community is.  We've only just finalised the list for 2017 and already people are looking forward to 2018!

:thumbsup:  

Perhaps all the talk of GBs for the forthcoming year has subconsciously inspired me to think of even more ideas. They certainly are popular events and a great oportunity for us to get together enjoying an otherwise solitary hobby in virtual company.

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Col

Please count me in I have some Hurricane , Typhoon and Tempest in my stash ..

Patrice

With great pleasure Patrice :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SleeperService said:

I have a barely started Fury from the Lesser Built AF GB that I'd finish here if allowed. Otherwise I'd better poke Mark at Miliverse about his 48th Singapore Hunter sheets.

I'd be delighted to see your Yugoslavian Fury return to the workbench for this GB if it isn't too far along SS. Any photos of how far you got with it?

Although if Miliverse are doing decals for a Singapore AF Hunter that does sound rather tasty as well.

1 hour ago, Beard said:

Count me in (although I'll have forgotten by the time it happens), I have a Matchbox/ Academy Tempest II that I really ought to do.

A long time ago I did something with a Heller Tempest and the Matchbox Tempest Mk.II parts so I'll be delighted to watch your WIP :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col. said:

I'd be delighted to see your Yugoslavian Fury return to the workbench for this GB if it isn't too far along SS. Any photos of how far you got with it?

Although if Miliverse are doing decals for a Singapore AF Hunter that does sound rather tasty as well.

Once the elf in the iconograph has had his mandatory daily rest period I'll post an image for judgement.

• Like 1

On ‎29‎.‎11‎.‎2016 at 9:46 PM, Col. said:

...Group Build for all Hawker designed products?

Is it stretching too much if you allow certain Hawker Siddeley- designed a/c like a Hawk Mk. 51 :whistle: to be eligible?

Edited by vppelt68
just highlighting the "designed"- aspect...

Grey area on the hawk, the early production ones and the prototypes are eligible may be better to rule it out entirely, as whrere to draw the line is tricky, a 1978 BAe Hawk T1 is no different from to a 1977 HS Hawk T1, but things start changing once the export hawks come about