Hawker (Siddeley) GB Chat

Col.

Thanks Col...I think I found the WiP earlier and also a kit review on Modelling Madness that laid out some basics about really fixing it up right...not too much to do, really.  Shorten the landing gear, some other small bits.  Augmentations more than corrections.

• Like 1

On 29/11/2016 at 19:46, Col. said:

What do you think gang, a Group Build for all Hawker and Hawker Siddeley designed products? Fury, Demon, Hart, Hurricane, Typhoon, Tempest, Sea Fury, Sea Hawk, Hunter, Harrier, Hawk, Trident, Nimrod to name a few.

You mention Hawker and H.S. 'designed' and I am wondering whether an Avro designed but Hawker Siddeley built 748 Andover would fit in with this theme?  I have a Welsh Models that I could do.

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Thanks Col...I think I found the WiP earlier and also a kit review on Modelling Madness that laid out some basics about really fixing it up right...not too much to do, really.  Shorten the landing gear, some other small bits.  Augmentations more than corrections.

It certainly looks more like a Hunter than some other kits from the past. In the end I guess it depends on how deep you need to get into adding detail to satisfy yourself but certainly a cheaper option than hunting down the Revell kit at the moment!

30 minutes ago, bootneck said:

You mention Hawker and H.S. 'designed' and I am wondering whether an Avro designed but Hawker Siddeley built 748 Andover would fit in with this theme?  I have a Welsh Models that I could do.

Mike

An HS 748 Andover fits in fine and will make for a lovely subject Mike :thumbsup:

As well as Hawker and HS designs anything which was marketed by or identified as a HS product during is life counts. So the Buccaneer and Nimrod are also eligible for example.

I received an email this morning from a certain well known retailer. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so they have one less Sea Fury in stock and I have my subject for this GB. Naturally, it will be green or silver with nary a hint of EDSG or Sky!! 

Andy

Never knowingly straightforward

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

I received an email this morning from a certain well known retailer. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse, so they have one less Sea Fury in stock and I have my subject for this GB. Naturally, it will be green or silver with nary a hint of EDSG or Sky!! 

Andy

Never knowingly straightforward

A silver Sea Fury? Nice :wub:

11 hours ago, CliffB said:

I've decided on the HS.125 for my entry.  I'll probably save my other two options for later GBs: Buccaneer (60s NATO) and AV8-A (Brits Abroad).

Nice choice :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2018 at 15:23, Foxbat said:

I received an email this morning from a certain well known retailer.

Yep...  my Sea Fury is on the way as well! :bounce:    I wonder how many we'll see in this GB.

• Like 1

So here we are with a week to the start and got a GB page all to ourselves :D I see several Work in Progress threads have been posted already so let's keep them coming and help each other along as we build models of some of Britain's finest aircraft.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2018 at 9:35 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

To my horror, the spare room redecoration has progressed rapidly so I shall be having to abandon my bench next weekend which will make things interesting, I shall find a way to continue and enter this 

well, the obvious solution is to build the 1/24 Typhoon, since it would be too big for the bench anyway!

:devil:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm in the original list at no.24

I'll pop in when the Matchbox GB is done

I'm thinking of a Buccaneer; a certain one, about 3 minutes before it crashed into an office in Belfast in 1972

• Like 1

Way above Tempest MkII was mentioned. With the MDC conversion still around are there any accurate drawings available as the rear fuselage will need 'amendment' (not my preferred word). With all that resin avoiding errors and getting the detail right would be good.

1 minute ago, JOCKNEY said:

Anyone brave / bonkers enough to try one of these ?

IMG_3765

IMG_3766

I have a couple in the stash but........ Do Britmodeller award medals ?  :door:

Cheers Pat 

If anybody is mad enough it'll be you :D

Any medals will be injection moulded to the same standard :D

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Anyone brave / bonkers enough to try one of these ?

IMG_3765

IMG_3766

I have a couple in the stash but........ Do Britmodeller award medals ?  :door:

Cheers Pat 

Do it! Do it, do it, do it. Go on. You know you want to. If you don't then send it to me and I will :wub:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Col. said:

Do it! Do it, do it, do it. Go on. You know you want to. If you don't then send it to me and I will :wub:

I have a spare one Col, PM on the way for your address :evil_laugh:

They are a limited edition apparently, some might say not limited enough !

cheers Pat

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Dermo245 said:

Just wondering are built-under-license allowed e.g.

40112968401_18e7ecd74e_b.jpgEsci_AV8A_Harrier_Box_Art by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

If so, count me in!

Cheers,

Dermot

If you are building a Spanish AV-8 then definitely yes as they were built in the UK, not sure if all the USMC AV-8's were built in America or even if this matters to @Col., it's his GB so he has the deciding vote.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1