This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mr B

Photobucket Problems- mods or anyone pls

48 posts in this topic

My experience with PB is like Chris's, I've not had any of the issues that people seem to have on here, occasionally it can be a bit slow but in the main I'm happy enough. Clicking on Chris's photo (pretty area :) ) takes me to the photobucket page with it on, nothing else, much as John found. I do get a bit hacked off with all their emails wanting me to upgrade though, I suspect they're finding it tougher in a competitive world. Back when, PB was the go to website for image hosting & the alternatives available today were either not there or less developed which I guess is why so many use PB still. I've been using it for 15 years +/-.

Steve.

1 person likes this

I have to use it from my iPad now, as my PC has fried its harddrive. PB still works about the same.

Chris

Thought I'd share my experience with PB. I'm using a Mac and Safari. Up to now I've only had a few solvable problems, once I overlook the bit about it hosing my resources every time I log in. From one day to the next it has decided not allow me access to the links necessary for posting pictures. No change in my system as it hadn't been used since the last time I was on PB. I've spent half the day trawling various fora all with people discussing the same issue. One moment it works, next its dead. I've cleared cookies, reinstalled software, cleared all sorts from the system and still PB refuses access to the links necessary to embed a picture. I don't normally give up on things but I think in the case of PB I'll call it a day. I was about to pay them to get rid of the adds; glad I didn't.  

Posted (edited)

I'm still not having any issues using my iPad to post images from Photobucket to here. I don't know why so many are having such difficulty.

Thumbsup.jpg

Chris

Edited by dogsbody
1 person likes this

Well there's an angry mob over on their blog right now no one's been able to upload for two days myself included all you get is a

loop between upload and sign in,I can live with it as I only post on BM but the poor soul's who's business depends on E-bay and

similar outlets are tearing their hair out!I think it may be time to call it a day there which is a shame I like the site as a user.

I don't have probs or issues uploading pics from PB to here. Only when logging in to Photobucket takes a bit of time around 3 minutes or so... which is a long time while sitting there waiting. Otherwise its fine.

Having the same issue as Steve and many other users this morning if a lot of online forums is anything to go by, try to upload and it loops straight back to the log-in screen, the service is definitely getting worse and I pay for the extra storage and ad-free feature ! will try an alternative.....

I got fed up with the time it took to do anything on PB. If their service was as quick as the speed that their endless emails come in, they'd be good. But they're not. So that's why I use Village Photos. Never had a problem since.

John.

1 person likes this

I have been having the "back to login" phenom on my IBM type desktop (Windows 10, Firefox), but once I log in (again) and click upload (again) it actually does it.  I've been forced to do all the picture posting on the desktop, because my Mac laptop (with admittedly dated software) no longer gets along with Photobucket, or vice versa.  I haven't tried to do anything in the last couple of days, though.

bob

Sounds like it's time for all that voting with feet.  Put your new stuff somewhere else, and go and pick up your historic cache of older photos when/if you can.  You should perhaps consider leaving all your old photos there if you can, so that it doesn't break all the links to your exixsting topics both here and on other forums and places.  You might as well inconvenience them by using up space on their server racks going forward :wicked:

Makes me glad we weren't tight enough to risk relying on them for our site photos, as we'd be right up the creek with that level of unprofessionalism. :boom:

PB has been working okay for me. Only the occasional pop-up and not to0 slow. But Wednesday, the crap-storm hit. Pop-up after Pop-up. So yesterday, I decided to go Pop-up free and paid the money, It was great. I flew through the pics, looking for what I wanted, no problems. THEN, I tried to upload an image! Oh the sweet Mary and Joseph! It kept logging me out. To say I was a bit PO'd would be putting it mildly.

Finally, this morning, it seems to be okay. Pic uploaded and posted. Let's hope it stays that way.

Chris

Received an email from them this afternoon apologizing and saying that an issue had been found and that it had been resolved..(for now at least)...seems to be running OK...we'll see.

1 person likes this

Uploading my F-16 pics yesterday was the worst I've ever had. I don't subscribe as what they want me to pay for is a massive amount more than I'd ever use, they might be smart to offer a smaller option at a cheaper price. I had wondered if my constantly refusing their offers in their endless stream of emails :( was leading to some retribution ( paranoid, moi?  :D ) It'll be interesting to see how it goes with the next lot in view of the Generals post above.

Steve.

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Uploading my F-16 pics yesterday was the worst I've ever had. I don't subscribe as what they want me to pay for is a massive amount more than I'd ever use, they might be smart to offer a smaller option at a cheaper price. I had wondered if my constantly refusing their offers in their endless stream of emails :( was leading to some retribution ( paranoid, moi?  :D ) It'll be interesting to see how it goes with the next lot in view of the Generals post above.

Steve.

$14.99 US per year is too much? I'm a retired Canadian on a pension and I don't think the $20.60 Canadian is too much at all. That's like a weeks worth of Starbucks coffee. The only reason I didn't do it before is that I never had much of a problem until now. I know it's just a way for PB to make money, but hey, there ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Chris

You're probably right Chris, I guess I've been looking at the amount provided vs what I use than the actual cash side of it, maybe worth looking at because that amount sure ain't a deal breaker.

Steve.

I use PB on Chrome with an ad blocker........... no problems.

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

You're probably right Chris, I guess I've been looking at the amount provided vs what I use than the actual cash side of it, maybe worth looking at because that amount sure ain't a deal breaker.

Steve.

I would recommend using Flickr for free (as I do), with zero problems, rather than paying for Photobucket's awful buggy site and all of its myriad problems. Why reward bad behaviour? 

Is this the same Flikr that uses a Yahoo login that the Russians hacked? or have I got that wrong?

Steve.

5 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Is this the same Flikr that uses a Yahoo login that the Russians hacked? or have I got that wrong?

Steve.

It is linked to a Yahoo account, correct. Currently Yahoo has the option of using two-factor authentication (if you have a smart phone, anyway) which would be very difficult to hack unless someone tortured you to death until you unlocked your phone and logged into Yahoo on a desktop at the same time, in which case you would have much bigger problems. I say, if the Russians want to look at pictures of my Spitfires, let 'em; it will only ennoble them to see such beauty, and I use my normal email account for sensitive stuff.

1 person likes this

I think my resistance to creating another account is the difficulty I have remembering another pass word, but if it is as you say I'll look into it, one day, when I've time, if I'm allowed. ;)

Steve.

I binned PB last year as i could never get into it. Now using Flickr nad very happy with it.

Since I opted for the add-free PB, it's been working quite well, like it used to years ago.

Chris

1 person likes this

I uploaded a couple of piccies last night, as quick as a quick thing, no complaints & that's without upgrading. :)

Steve.