This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Mr B

Photobucket Problems- mods or anyone pls

Hello Folks

I am having problems with linking Photobucket to this new forum.

what I do is I upload my photos....and I use the photobucket app (iOS) and click the link IMG, it copies the URL and I post in on the forum and I used to get pictures.......done deal......now I get something like this when I paste it

%5BURL=http://s39.photobucket.com/user/alfaman/media/Mobile%20Uploads/817B26B1-371C-458A-907C-2984615A7DD2_zpshs8gbzst.jpg.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/alfaman/Mobile%20Uploads/817B26B1-371C-458A-907C-2984615A7DD2_zpshs8gbzst.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

and no picture......but the links work on older forums.......am I doing something wrong or missing some valuable fix or process to make it right......in the past 4 days I have gone thru few other hosting site and today using village photo......none has the same feel and ease as photobucket app......

whiles at it can can anyone suggest a similar product which can do the job (freeware) which can be managed via an app similar to photobucket.....cause village photos looks ok......with direct linking but copying the URL via an IPad and or IPhone is challenging 

any views/help is much appericated 

best regards

brian ---being kicked out of the comfort zone 

Hi Brian,

Not much help to you but I used it this morning, on a lap top, on chrome and it worked fine using the same method as you, in fact better than it has for a long time.

When it played up really bad a few weeks ago I posted some pic`s using Imgur, it`s free and I found it pretty easy.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Good luck

Russ

I go a slightly different route to you. I click on the "direct" box and then paste it into whatever. It works (most) times. But Photobucket can be a right royal PITA at the best of times. So I also use Village photos. 

John. 

Avoid Photobucket like the plague, not only does it have difficulties in linking to pictures it can lead to 'dodgy' sites and encourage virus traffic on to your system.  In fact if members here post a pic from PB I won't follow the link, just in case.

Flickr is a really good and easy to use alternative site and I've always found that the uploaded image quality is superior.   I haven't had any issues since I went to them from PB in 2009.

Thanks folks

I think I can live with Imgur for now.....seems to be ok by uploading via an app .....

Yes I agree Photobucket is getting worse and worse it takes time to load up mostly and those pesky advertisements..........

Best Regards and Happy Modeling....

They seem to be circling the drain, don't they?  Another missed opportunity for world domination :shrug:

Late as ever to seeing this but experiencing exactly the same problems as Brian 

I take it the consensus is to stop using PB and swap to Flickr ?

cheers Pat

Yes, PB can be slow and the ads can be annoying but it still works, at least for me. I still have the free version and haven't filled it after 12 years of use.

On this forum, I use the IMG option to post images and it always works. I almost always use my home PC with Windows 7 but have used it on my IPad last May during the evacuation and had no problems.

This is one of the oldest images on my PB account, from 2004 or 2005.

Texan.jpg

Chris

I use Hostingpics. It's a French site, but the layout is so simple that most non-French-speakers should be able to work things out. It's free and I believe there is no limit to the number of pics you can upload (although I'm not 100 percent sure) There's also options to post pics in different sizes. And you don't get all those adverts slowing your connection down.

Rearguards, and happy new year,

Badder

On 30/12/2016 at 3:07 PM, 71chally said:

I would Flickr is a far more stable and virus safe platform.  I won't even open up links to Photobucket

Thanks James

Now on Flickr and can now post pictures again, fortunately it's nice and simple so that even Luddites like me can use it !

cheers Pat

Posted (edited)

Hi guys

When I was trying to decide which online photo hosting site to go with all I seemed to read on hear was how rubbish Photo Bucket has become.

So I went with Village.Photos..........it is free , advert and clutter free and it works nicely.

cheers, Adey

Edited by adey m

Anyone know of the issues going on over at photo bucket? Trying to upload but getting errors. Tried every browser known to man and from different machines but with no luck ! Quite frustrating

I can't see any problems uploading to PB, as the test image below shows; however your post is about 2 hours old so they might have fixed the problem if there was one.

Mike

hms_assistance_18_supestructure_addition

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

I can't see any problems uploading to PB, as the test image below shows; however your post is about 2 hours old so they might have fixed the problem if there was one.

Mike

hms_assistance_18_supestructure_addition

I haven't been back since i opened an account on imageshack.
Edit: Just tried again on PB and its still the same. Judging by all the comments on their support page I'm not the only one having issues ! You my friend, are one of the lucky ones ! :-)

It probably depends on which server you're on Simon, as I've seen this many times where one person is unaffected but others are, not just with PhotoBucket.  Yet more evidence of PB being a spent force, throwing away their previous market dominance by being crap :shrug:

It's taken about 3 minutes to open a new tab, open Photobucket, upload an image from My Pictures and post it here. Not super-computer fast but not to bad.

Windsor%20Nova%20Scotia.jpg

Chris

I think more users need to complain to PhotoBucket.  If the service they're providing is poor, don't feel bad for doing so because it's "free", because it's far from free, YOU are the commodity to be sold advertising to.  Moan at them, and maybe if there's enough others taking the time out of their day, they'll do something about it.  If not, vote with your feet and try one of the many alternatives that have already been mentioned in this thread :)

I gave up using PB, it loads its own advertisements then has no capability left to load your pictures up. Trying to actually copy a link sends it in to meltdown. Using Flickr now and very happy after figuring out how to do the basics.

On 1/18/2017 at 6:50 PM, dogsbody said:

It's taken about 3 minutes to open a new tab, open Photobucket, upload an image from My Pictures and post it here. Not super-computer fast but not to bad.

Purely in the interests of a running a test, I have just clicked on your picture, both on a home computer and now here at work, and it leads me to quite a dodgy looking page, which I really don't want on a work computer or that I want my kids to see at home - it also has the look of something that will infest a computer.  Once I click past that to return to the PB image it slows everything down on the PC.

To me that is unacceptable service.

Why PB is still so popular I do not understand, certainly Flickr, and I hope many of the other sites mentioned above do not have the same user issues or the potential to harm your computer.

I just clicked on Dogsbody's picture and it took me straight onto his Photobucket account, which had a link to his bucket, which I couldn't see because it's private. Whether my anti-virus is getting in on the act I do not know. There were no warnings.

I have had very little trouble with PB. The only problems have been caused by PB making small changes to the way it works. I also pay PB 10$ a year for the 'privilege' of being ad free.

John

11 hours ago, woody37 said:

I gave up using PB, it loads its own advertisements then has no capability left to load your pictures up. Trying to actually copy a link sends it in to meltdown. Using Flickr now and very happy after figuring out how to do the basics.

Exactly the same experience for me! Every time I went on there I was bombarded by those annoying ads...nightmare. Have also gone over to Flickr - I've found the whole operation smooth and simple to use.

Odd. I have the free PB account and I get no more than two pop-up ads anytime I go there and usually just one.

Chris