Tanking Typhoons - AAR from Tartan 51

canberraman

Hi again,

Thought I'd share a few images from an AAR sortie I flew on in Voyager KC.2 ZZ337 c/s Tartan 51 on Nov 25th.

315a1_zpsmtglvsmj.jpg

The Voyager's office

469a1_zps2gaa1blp.jpg

11 Sqn Typhoon over ARA4

057a1_zpsqjpjkvto.jpg

Newly delivered and as yet unmarked, this Typhoon is assigned to 29 Sqn at RAF Coningsby

094a1_zpsqbowjcpd.jpg

Also from 29 Sqn - the Typhoon OCU - is this T3.

122a1_zpsdrs3toh3.jpg

FGR4 ZK336/FD in the markings of 1(F) Sqn

249a1_zpsyktbfy4u.jpg

Another unmarked FGR4 ZK336/FP, also from 1(F) Sqn

152ajpg1_zpsbp4lr3n5.jpg

Typhoon trio over ARA 8 off NE Scotland

262a1_zpst8odyfmo.jpg

159a1_zps6epduxdb.jpg

086a1_zpsxrxcyige.jpg

T3 taking gas

437a11_zps3u0kwod5.jpg

Last prod of the day

019a1_zpsyds1afvt.jpg

Back at Brize, this Voyager KC.3 ZZ336 has been specially kitted out and fitted for Royal and VIP flights. The usual airliner style passenger seats have been replaced with 59 executive class.

Hope these are of interest, c&c always welcome.

Mark

• Like 18

Very nice images must have been a good hop.

Guy

• Like 1

Those photo's are absolutely brilliant and will be very useful when building models.  Thank you for posting them and hope to see more.

I had a 6 hour stint in a Nimrod many years ago and I loved every minute of it

Mike

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hate seeing photos like this, but green with envy! I was due to go up in a VC-10 back in 2005 iirc and it got cancelled, then I moved bases and it never got to happen. Never tried since...

Glad you had a good time, lovely images!!

• Like 1

I was at work that day and probably saw you, did the crew brief you in the Refueler (canteen) before the flight? Seem to remember seeing chaps with cameras, should have said hello but then I can't go around asking all visitors if they are Britmodellers!

What did you think of the 'buses?

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coors54 said:

I was at work that day and probably saw you, did the crew brief you in the Refueler (canteen) before the flight? Seem to remember seeing chaps with cameras, should have said hello but then I can't go around asking all visitors if they are Britmodellers!

What did you think of the 'buses?

Dave

Hi Dave

Yes, we were briefed by the crew pre-flight and you may well have seen me and a dozen work colleagues excitedly anticipating the sortie. The Air Tanker buses were very good and reminded me of those that whisk you from the terminal at the London airports en route to a holiday destination!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments and likes and Happy New Year to you all.

Mark

• Like 1

Ha, Glad you liked the transfer buses, I meant the Airbuses! But then you may have realised that and were being ironic!

Like the pictures by the way, as others have said the silhouette ones are really striking.

Dave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coors54 said:

Ha, Glad you liked the transfer buses, I meant the Airbuses! But then you may have realised that and were being ironic!

Like the pictures by the way, as others have said the silhouette ones are really striking.

Dave

Hi Dave, yes the Airbuses are rather Gucci and I guess for the crews and maintenance folks are a big improvement over the Tens and Tristars, but they had so much more character!

Mark