CH-46 / KV-107 STGB Chat

modelling minion

I have a couple of old Microscale decal sheets and a Fujimi 1/72 CH-46, so this would be a good place to get it built. 

Something a little like this............

CH-46

Thanks for the encouragement :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

SIGN ME UP !

And we have a winner!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Dennis, and a big thank you to all the others who have signed up, all 24 of you!

I believe we are the first STGB to make the numbers for 2019, there are only 8 places.

Now please don't let us reaching the desired number stop you all from popping by and posting pics of your intended builds or just CH-46's and KV-107's that catch your eye. And there is always room for more to sign up.

I shall contact Enzo and let him know we have made the grade.

Thanks again to you all.

Craig.

• Like 2

And for those of you still looking for inspiration or who just like seeing a proper helicopter being thrown around have a look at the video in this link.

https://tacairnet.com/2016/02/12/watch-swedish-pilots-put-the-phrog-through-its-paces/

I like the scheme too, a subtle green with patches of dayglo, nice!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Does anyone know if i can use this for a Vietnam CH-46 ? 

4kCV7m6.jpg

I’d like to do a Marine heli for this build ? If not which way do i go ?

Yes Dennis I think you can build a Vietnam era CH-46 from that kit, I think there were CH-46E's used and I don't think there were many external differences from the earlier versions.

9 hours ago, Covjets13 said:

Sounds like fun, just got track down the required plastic😉. Craig you have my vote 👍👍

cheers Si

Thanks Simon, I shall add you to the list. I'm sure you will track down a kit soon ;).

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Does anyone know if i can use this for a Vietnam CH-46 ? 

Actually Dennis I have just double checked and the "E" was not used in Vietnam (didn't enter service until 77), but you can build an "A" from it as like I say most of the differences are internal (new engines and avionics).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I think that in 1/72 the Hobby Boss CH-46E is the most easily available.  What are people's opinions on this kit? 

Not a bad kit at all, and certainly easy enough to get hold of. It's not as nice as the older Fujimi kit but there isn't a great deal in it and it can be made  as just about every version of the aircraft with the exception of the Japanese built versions with the "bloated" sponsons. The KV-107's used by the JGSDF did not have the large sponsons as a rule so can easily be built OOTB, if I remember right (never guaranteed!0 there are pictures of JASDF ones without them too although this is rare.