CH-46 / KV-107 STGB Chat

modelling minion

Votes?   Don't you mean joiners as it hasn't started yet?

Not to distract from the meaning of the post though; yes, come on guys and gals... if you are into rotary stuff then come and support this gb by adding your names to the list please. You know you want to build a Sea Knight really!

Mike

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bootneck said:

Votes?   Don't you mean joiners as it hasn't started yet?

Quite right Mike, joiners not voters.

9 hours ago, TrojanThunder said:

I have a Fujimi kit in the stash, count me in...

Nice one Trojan Thunder, you are added to the list.

We now have 10 signed up.

Only 15 to go!!

I'm a wee bit of a novice on here but add me to the list too please I've got a Classic / Airfix  107.

Cheers Andy

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AndrewW said:

I'm a wee bit of a novice on here but add me to the list too please I've got a Classic / Airfix  107.

Cheers Andy

You are more than welcome to join in Andy, it doesn't matter how new you are to this.

I look forward to seeing what you can do with the old Airfix kit.

Craig.

• Like 1

My decal set has arrived from Hannants:

P1140179_zpssobhmmme.jpg

Very nice. I have had another look at my Airfix kits and it is terrible. Loads of overscale rivets, poor quality decals and the transparencies are awful.

P1140180_zpsiiite2io.jpg

If this goes ahead I will definately be getting the Hobby Boss kit.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Go on then, I''l sign up I have a Fujimi one bought cheaply last September... just before the modelling doldrums set off. By the time this Gb is off and running I hopefully will be back on stage. I have Belcher bits RCAF decals for it too.  So this one won't be  in the Canada GB. But other types will....

• Like 1

Hi again. A couple pics from my slides to boost enrolment... hopefully:

20170122191904_10_zpszycvzzdv.jpg

20170118214534_02_zpszzcndsmh.jpg

There are a few more in Aviation Photography under Middle Wallop Airshows 1980's.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jessica said:

There's no such thing as too many Labradors :) I have an Academy kit buried somewhere in the stash...

Welcome aboard Jessica, it will be great to see a 1/48 Labrador (I've got a 1/1 scale black one but I don't think it counts!).

14 hours ago, Paul J said:

Go on then, I''l sign up I have a Fujimi one bought cheaply last September... just before the modelling doldrums set off. By the time this Gb is off and running I hopefully will be back on stage. I have Belcher bits RCAF decals for it too.  So this one won't be  in the Canada GB. But other types will....

Be great to have you Paul, and even better if it helps you out of the modelling doldrums, we've all been there.

Great pictures from Middle Wallop, only managed a couple of those shows but I remember them fondly for the great variety of choppers present.

Craig.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't have a kit but that won't stop me buying one - count me in.

But if this doesn't get off the ground, I like the idea further up the thread of a twin rotors GB - as well as the 107's and Chinooks there would be plenty of other interesting options - Piaseckis, Belvedere, most Kamovs, probably plenty more.

• Like 1