1/72 - Beriev MBR-2 & MBR-2bis resin kits by ABM - released

Homebee

A new company, reported to be from Ireland (?), ABM is to release 1/72nd Beriev MBR-2 resin kits.

- ref. ABM167201 - Beriev MBR-2 M-17 (military)

- ref. ABM167202 - Beriev MBR-2 MP-1 (civil)

Source: http://www.greenmats.club/topic/2602-мбр-2-мп-1-и-мбр-2-м-17-в-172-от-новой-фирмы-abm/

0728446.jpg.e28fad9918f5b67131179e2fda99b10f.jpg

4063014.jpg 1262009.jpg 8378144.jpg 9507808.jpg 2460479.jpg 6215568.jpg 4782791.jpg 8474830.jpg 4063014.jpg 1262009.jpg 8378144.jpg 9507808.jpg 2460479.jpg 6215568.jpg 4782791.jpg 8474830.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

I should, perhaps, elaborate a bit who is behind this new "ABM" marque

The main man is noone else than Eugene Berbenitsky from Ireland - the guy who took the Grand Prix in IPMS Ireland Nationals 2011 and Gold in scratch build category and a couple of other trophies in Telford in 2012 with his magnificent ANT-20 and ANT-26

1350408825_IMG_8597.jpg

7144915.jpg

1315259470_img_4533_rrrrjosrrrss.jpg

1315259467_img_4523_rrrrjosrrrss.jpg

SMW-02.jpg

IMG_4901.jpg

He worked in close collaboration with Musa Zekoreyev - the man behing Prop&Jet resin kits and accessories, who consulted him on moulding and casting

Decals are printed by Begemot, etched parts by GonzA

The price tag will be quite high (about 100Euro per kit) but I think I gave you an idea of the quality

• Like 6

Please note, that this is early variant of MBR-2 - equipped with M-17 engine (lower side view bellow). The late variant - MBR2 bis (upper side view below), with M-34 engine is produced as injection kit by Eastern Express from many years. 

Cheers

J-W

mbr2-1.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

================================

Hi Yevgeniy,

Sorry if i reply lately. I received the parcel last Friday I picked up at the post office, just before leaving. I even had not the time to open the box…
I’m back now at home and I’ve just opened the box with delights !
The artbox is wonderful and reminds me the good old days when people had the time to make real painting even i guess it is a mix of digital images… Well, I really love it cause it is inspiring. The sturdy box is great.
When opening, i notice the great care you took to package all the « ingredients ». Metal reinforced resin parts is excellent. As the quality of the casting : very fine with details at the exact scale downed effect, no bubbles (rare for garage kits !). Is it pressure casting ? The realism is splendid.The way you protect the one piece wing is clever and efficient.
The general geometry spots to the drawings i have (Aviakollection 2011 n°5). Well done !The ski option in the same box means a new choice of aircraft. Many producers would have made another reference…
The decals are beautiful and very well protected (thank you). At last a civilian version ! I appreciate it because most of the time there is only the military version available… The photo etched parts are tiny and slim. I hope i won’t lost pieces when building…  I must improve my skill !
The assembly instruction is a little disturbing. Only because the way of reading is in reverse on some pages. Of course every stages are numbered so it is not a real difficulty. The CAD drawings are clear. I’m sure you have spent a lot of time to make it very professional. The deco are beautiful. One question : do you have a more precise reference for the general blue color of the aeroflot plane (Akan ref ?).
The stand is a good addition even i would have prefered something more dynamic and usable for a dio for example (see picture in the middle of page 5 + drawing in the middle of page 10 of Aviakollect)
Well, definitely a wonderful model made by an enthousiast for enthousiast modelers ! Clearly, you offer the model as you would like it to be.I can’t imagine how much time you spent in research, prototyping and so on. A very courageous project and an inspiring result. I wish i would be able to produce such wonderful kits like you !
The only point I’m not happy is the color of the resin. White resin is not very pleasant to work with. And It blends the details. It is a shame with a so precise model ! Grey colored resin would honored the quality of your work a step forward.
My opininon in resume is Bravo ! Ok it is a pricy model but everything is here. No accessories needed to detail the model more. So it is not so expensive in my opinion. And quality lasts. I’m very happy to be one of you customer.
Hope you will continue to offer such gems ! Now i must find the time to build it beatifully. Too many projects…
Very best regards,François

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...