Airfix Fokker EII Eindecker

D1fuN0

Morning Chaps :bye:

Now here's a valley I am not normally seen walking in...:D

I'm a big fan of WW1 Aircraft and I have quite a number in the stash (and have built exactly zero of them.)

The last time I built an Airfix airyplane was probably somewhere in the early 90's, when as a confused spotty faced yufe, I wanted to build the whole series of the then available WW1 aircraft.

Bi-planes intrigue me, they have a certain.... style and I loved the old Airfix and Matchbox kits. I was sooooo chuffed when Airfix announced the two new WW1 aircraft recently, so I bought the Fokker and the BE 2c as well.

Things certainly have changed a bit!!!

Excellento little kit, detail and fit is very good, like the cartograf decals and the new style instruction sheets.

Only niggle was the fuselage bands didn't match up on the top & bottom, so left them off.

I just build to have fun, so as long as I'm happy with it, that's all that matters to me, but I do think I will be seeking out those old WW1 kits again :D

Okay, so finished in Tamiya and Humbrol enamels and only improvement made was to replace the little steppie on the side of the fuselage with wire.

Hope you enjoy

IMG_20161128_074701.jpg

IMG_20161128_074636.jpg

:ninja:Mad Steve:ninja:

• Like 5

Well done, Mad Steve. But not mad enough to attempt the rigging yet I see - go on you know you want to, there are plenty of examples on here for you to follow, from invisible thread to fishing line. I'm a traditionalist - I like stretched sprue. But I'm probably mad.
Oh, and more pics please....the last thing many BE2 crews saw was a the front of an Eindekker, not the rear!