Airfix 1/72 Concorde

Well I finally got it out of the loft and started it. Was every sprue made in a different facory on a different continent? I fear I may run out of filler. Having just built Heller's 1/72 707 you have to ask if the same company was actually responsible for both kit designs.

Yours in frustration

Nigel

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nigel,

The Heller/Airfix 1/72 Concorde is one of the hardest (injection) models I have done.

I almost flew it into the wall more than once.

Now when I walk into my model room and look at her sexy lines I am so glad I finished that monster.

Do buy one half ton of putty, you will need it!

Good luck and don't give up!

Walter

http://www.airlinercafe.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=29773#29773

Edited by waltmertins

I'm still working on mine and enjoying the build. Yes you will need quite a lot of filler as Walter said. It's very buildable but you need to work on it. The steps in the fuselage are the worst bits, so fill, sand, fill, sand....repeat....prime, fill sand... you'll get there.

There's lots of work involved (it's a big kit!) but it's buildable and not technically difficult. A reasonably competent modeller will complete it. It has occurred to me to consider building in some sprue sections inside the fuselage, lateral pit-props if you like. It might close the gaps with the wing upper surfaces and save some filling. Just a thought, try it and see.

As Walter said, don't give up. Mine's looking good so far and will be a real head turner when finished.