I built this Resin leviathan back in March last year. Took several months to build and pushed the limits of modelling abilities and patience.

I finally got round to weathering (a few cotton buds later) and detail painting this enormous Imperial Destroyer: 38" x 24" x 12" (BIG) 10kgs

IMG_7209_zpshc8lb4ut.jpg

IMG_7210_zpsqlozoghw.jpg

IMG_7212_zpsqx0dxsfs.jpg

IMG_7214_zps3ajo5hcx.jpg

IMG_7215_zpssnr76ybq.jpg

IMG_7217_zpsay8mvcle.jpg

IMG_7218_zpsiio2dtpa.jpg

Blockade runner & MF:

IMG_7219_zpstvfayngr.jpg

IMG_7220_zpshabfpv0m.jpg

IMG_7223_zpsjvoorri6.jpg

IMG_7225_zpsbcurbu34.jpg

IMG_7226_zpsnejouodw.jpg

IMG_7227_zpspcyn8jgf.jpg

IMG_7228_zpsbrlrzvbp.jpg

IMG_7230_zpsxbpyjmcv.jpg

IMG_7231_zpsmscfgmmc.jpg

IMG_7232_zpsqapiusql.jpg

IMG_7233_zpsqkyx8qmk.jpg

Edited by Silverstone 2
  • Like 41

2 hours ago, R0ver said:

Superb! Is this the anigrand kit?

No this is the Randy Cooper 1/1700 version.

the Anigrand kit is half the size in plan area format in comparison, and even smaller still in displacement. I think the Anigrand ISD is 1/2226, detail is a no where close, almost too basic.

the Randy cooper version here is 100cm in length. The biggest ISD available, the detail is superb and can't be done justice unless looked at by the naked eye.

Very Expensive resin kit and even rarer than the Anigrand version. In fact it's the most expensive kit I've ever built, regarding both time and initial expense.

Phil

• Like 1

very nice - I'd love one of these but wayyy out of my price range and shelf space availability unfortunately 

What fantastic detail it has. It's crying out to be lit. 

It's just a shame that they never came out in any other colour other than grey. 

Wow that is a mighty model. This is fantastic work - a 10kg model! dear lord that is eye watering but I'm guessing not anywhere near as eye watering as the price ;-) I would be terrified to work on this - I would either knock it over (then cry myself to sleep for the rest of time) or do a doo-doo job on it (and also cry) its a no win scenario :-p

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Silverstone 2 said:

the Anigrand kit is half the size in plan area format in comparison, and even smaller still in displacement. I think the Anigrand ISD is 1/2226, detail is a no where close, almost too basic.

the Randy cooper version here is 100cm in length. The biggest ISD available, the detail is superb and can't be done justice unless looked at by the naked eye.

Very Expensive resin kit and even rarer than the Anigrand version. In fact it's the most expensive kit I've ever built, regarding both time and initial expense.

Phil

Wowza! Thanks for the info. It looks incredible. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stupendously superb. Congrats on even finishing it, let alone creating a masterpiece.

One thing thing that's always bothered me though. If this is a Star Destroyer, how come the Death star was even more massive but could only blow up planets?:frantic:

Rearguards,

Badder

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:35 PM, Silverstone 2 said:

Phil

Hi Phil - I've dropped you a private message about this magnificent beast  - please can you get in touch - cheers John