Brawn GP BGP 001 1/20

shood23

It was good until I tried to lay down some white primer, for some reason the red from the plastic has come through the grey and white primer. It's no big issue though as I am due to get some more paints from hiroboy soon so I will just add some sealer to the order.

Shaun

Edited by shood23

• 1 month later...

Right so I think it's about time to drag this build back on to the table. 

After a couple of months sat in storage because the red plastic of this tamiya model is just insane and managed to get through around 4 coats of 2 different types of primer at the same time I had to get some zero paints sealer paint which I put on yesterday and because it's very quick drying I also got some tamiya white primer on again afterwards with thankfully no problems so far so the brawn is slowly coming back to life. 

20170324_180318_zpsi9wnh7sl.jpg

More soon  

Shaun 

• Like 4

Finally I have managed to paint this with some white primer so very soon I will have this in some nice white paint ready for the fluorescent yellow lines.

20170326_104043_zpsl2op6kkl.jpg

More soon 

Shaun

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Thanks ledrol84. One bit of advice for this if you choose to use a tamiya f60 kit would be to either get some body sealer or put the red parts of the kit in a bath of ipa before you do any work. It saves a lot of time in the long run. 

So with this build I ran into some more problems when mocking up. In some areas there were too many layers of paint which didn't help with fit so I am now just making a curbside build with glued on body panels, then the revell glue I used ate through the paint like it's ment to but showed up areas of red again so I have rubbed down the body and will start again on the paint at some point this week and kill 2 birds with 1 stone and paint this and the other build of mine (Porsche rsr) at the same time. 

Shaun

Right so I suppose this build is now kind of my boredom build as I only really tinker with it when I am waiting for paint of glue to dry on my other ones. Not that that's a bad thing it just means I have more patience for the required modifications now than I did before. 

So as I said in the last post I ran into a few problems, these frustrated me a lot so I just threw the whole lot in a pot of ipa and took it all back down to the plastic, with doing that it destroyed some of the fillers so I little more work on those areas are needed now but I'm happy as now I can get the zero paints sealer straight on to plastic and not over 2-3 coats of primer. 

So this is where I am. The body stripped and all the panels glued on. 

20170509_175917_zps6psdq1mh.jpg

So more will be happening to this at some point later this week. 

Shaun

• Like 1

To be fair John this car is not that far away from getting some decals on believe it or not as the body only needs a little filler, sealer, primer and paint then hopefully the pattos decals hold up as well as they did on my test ones with clear but hopefully I can get back some time when it comes to the front wing with some spare bits I have laying around. 

Shaun 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...