Italerie reboxed dragon 1/35 Panther

Jusjay

Firstly, excuse the poor background of these photos, I will try and get better tomorrow weather permitting.

This is a dragon kit, reboxed by italerie. it was painted in tamiya and Mr hobby acrylics (which are rather nice I must admit) I had some problems with the individual tracks links so unfortunately had to resort to rubber band tracks. after a coat of mud they look ok to me. it was a very nice kit, with lots of etch and no fit issues. This was also my first winter camo attempt and I'm really happy with it. feedback welcome (just not on the photos!Lol)

IMG_20161126_200330-01_zpsngpgeqny.jpeg

IMG_20161126_200418-01_zpsiyptosrw.jpeg

IMG_20161126_200928-01_zpshprrqepy.jpeg

• Like 12

Nice looking kit, and great winter camo!

Just a couple of tips for you... If you had placed the tracks in near to boiling water you could have then stretched them carefully. Then when put in place you would have had a bit of extra length to play with and could have made them sag between the wheels. And finally, although the muddy tracks look great there's not enough mud on the wheels, and that looks really odd.  The wheels would have a lot of mud around the rims and there'd be some sprayed all over the lower hull and rear.

It's probably not a good idea to try and stretch the tracks now, but adding more mud to the wheels and hull would be easy.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Badder said:

Nice looking kit, and great winter camo!

Just a couple of tips for you... If you had placed the tracks in near to boiling water you could have then stretched them carefully. Then when put in place you would have had a bit of extra length to play with and could have made them sag between the wheels. And finally, although the muddy tracks look great there's not enough mud on the wheels, and that looks really odd.  The wheels would have a lot of mud around the rims and there'd be some sprayed all over the lower hull and rear.

It's probably not a good idea to try and stretch the tracks now, but adding more mud to the wheels and hull would be easy.

Rearguards,

Badder

Good trick!,take note, cheers Badder :D

Just now, Jusjay said:

Thanks mate. winter camo I'm happy with! :)

I tried my first winter camo on a Nashorn early this year. It's quite scary overpainting a camo scheme with white! I was so scared I ended up doing a VERY faded and dirty white. It was all going well until the very last when hairspraying and adding snow, and somehow it stripped off the paint and varnish back to bare plastic. Long story, but I got it back to the final stages again, and ruined it again! So the Nashorn was binned! I've since done a StuG III in winter camo and succeeded in getting it right this time.

I congratulate you on managing a great winter camo first time!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

I agree it is! I have had a bit of a mare with this kit to be honest, I started of coating it dark yellow and doing green and brown snakes but I didn't like that so coated it in green and did this scheme so it wasn't initially planned lol 

I look forward to seeing your finished winter stug matey :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jusjay said:

I agree it is! I have had a bit of a mare with this kit to be honest, I started of coating it dark yellow and doing green and brown snakes but I didn't like that so coated it in green and did this scheme so it wasn't initially planned lol 

I look forward to seeing your finished winter stug matey :)

The StuG is in the RFI section, and I'm currently  building a winter dio for it.

Badder

• Like 1