Seaforth Publications French Battleships 1922 - 56

leyreynolds

I think the answer to your question is yes.  Bear in mind it is not a book aimed at modellers, being a combined technical and operational history.  But within it you will find cross-sections of armour dispositions, drawings illustrating battle damage, sketches of gun loading arrangements, radar fits, the decks of Dunkerque's forward tower, etc.  Married to that there are a lot of rare photos, at least to the English-speaking audience, and some photos which will be very useful to modellers, especially from Richelieu's refit in the US (lovely one at about A3 size showing AA positions well).  Plus 8 pages of colour side and (very occasional) deck profiles.

But, while I think you will find modification histories well covered, do not to find complete sets of 3-view drawings for each ship.

I don't regret buying the book: John Jordan's name on it is a indication of quality.  I don't think you'll be disappointed either.  And where else are you going to find anything remotely as detailed in English on the subject?

HTH

• Like 1

Good book to have as I also have it in my collection. The section on Richelieu is quite handy as there are some good quality pictures.

I agree with Seahawk in relation to this publication !