1/10 Young Miniatures " USAAF Pilot 1944 " Corrected .

sonofjim

1 hour ago, Mrs PlaStix said:

you'll have to make more for friends if they're that good!:coolio: Fantastic paint job, shame about your sd card.- Mrs.P suffering from cold/cough and unable to get on with model building (feeling sorry for self too!):(

Thanks very much . I would have liked to take more time over it but He liked it very much .

Hope you get well soon Mrs P !

Have a good old pity party with jelly and ice cream and everything and you'll feel better .

Hey if we blokes can have a full on man flu I think you ladies are more than entitled too .:D

• Like 2

On 29/11/2016 at 10:12 PM, John_W said:

The devil is in the detail as they say.

My late Father used to get annoyed about brass buttons in war films.

He joined the RAF in 1945 and had bakelite buttons because brass was an essential metal.

My personal pet hate is badly shaped berets.

Badly shaped berets on models or in real life.....?

Its a universal truth in real life that the higher up the rank structure the more helicopter landing pad the beret becomes.........

• Like 2

I have noticed that the more senior a Cadet gets, the closer to their left ear the badge gets and the more like a flat cap it looks.

I knew an Officer from the 17/21st Lancers used to wear his beret "tanker" style.

2 hours ago, John_W said:

That has turned out beautifully.

The face reminds me of an actor, but I can't quite place it

Thanks very much . Yeah he does have a familiar look . 

• 2 months later...

Very impressive.  Reminds me of a full page P-47 pilot portrait in a book I was given as a kid.  Maybe some mission timings inked on the back of his hand?

Of course school teachers were not impressed by my excuse for writing on my hand - that fighter pilots did it - but I thought it was cool.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, malpaso said:

Very impressive.  Reminds me of a full page P-47 pilot portrait in a book I was given as a kid.  Maybe some mission timings inked on the back of his hand?

Of course school teachers were not impressed by my excuse for writing on my hand - that fighter pilots did it - but I thought it was cool.

Thank you very much Mal 

as I did this for a friend he expressly asked me not to include any inking on his hand . Though had it been mine I would have . I also wanted to add an ACME thunderer whistle to his jacket collar but again time was restrictive of that , thank you for your kind words sir .

Jim.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, James G said:

Wow, great job. All the extra work was worth it. You'll be sculpting the whole thing from scratch next!

Thank you sir for the kind words .

Jim.