Hello dears, another one P-47N Thunderbolt Academy

Hello dears,

Just to show you another kit well on his way.

WP_20161125_00_04_12_Pro

The academy kit is well Worth his price, I have erased both the panels on wings and fuselage, because  this is barely visible on the real thing.

And raised as it was on the kit, sanding once again, I have added the Aires interior, an Aires P-2900 late and the Quickboost guns.

The propeller came from a Tamiya kit because this P-47N-10 has paddle blade propeller.

WP_20161125_00_04_35_Pro

I have a lot of resin engines because they're generally poorly represented, here's a view of th interior

WP_20161125_00_04_58_Pro

I have copied the turbo from another kit who share the same type of material and add it to my P-47

WP_20161125_00_05_08_Pro

The cleaned up wing, again sanding and putty.

WP_20161125_00_05_39_Pro

And I will to reproduce this one, 2 pin up for the price of one, another one for my Pacific serie.

Thank for watching.

Corsaircorp

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Thom216 said:

Love the subject! Ought to be cool.

Hello Thom,

Let's say the subjectS, if we speak about the same kind of subject.

This big bird has 2 subject, one on each side, look...

WP_20161125_10_01_44_Pro

Nice little sailor is'nt it ?

I write P-2900 instead of P-2800 when talking about the engine, I apologize for that.

Seriously, I was a great fan of the meteor productions, very nice resin transkit, useful decals sheet

and Pyn up decals was not the least, we now have another Producer that make such a subject too, I mean kits-world.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

I can hardly wait for this one to be finished. You chose a very interesting aircraft. With that particular engine it was a very fast bird, even though it was heavy. I also love the nose art. I hope that you realize that you will have to build another plane that uses some of the other nose art in that decal set. This way you will have a "Pair of Jugs" ... pun intended.               Bob H.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bob Henry said:

I can hardly wait for this one to be finished. You chose a very interesting aircraft. With that particular engine it was a very fast bird, even though it was heavy. I also love the nose art. I hope that you realize that you will have to build another plane that uses some of the other nose art in that decal set. This way you will have a "Pair of Jugs" ... pun intended.               Bob H.

Hello Bob,

Don't you worry, I should have 4 or 5 Jugs on the attic, but I gave "Jackson County" to a friend of mine, don't know if he already had done her.

I'll make a razorback with the first name of my wife on it and another Under german management :rolleyes:

And lots of pin-up are waiting to be ... well pined up.:P

Thank for watching.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Some news from the Jug,

Here's a photo of the added Turbo compressor, as it look like the one from the P-38 or B-17, I duplicated it and adjust it in his place

WP_20170103_20_54_18_Pro

Then I looked at the oïl cooler, since it is deep in the nose, I choose to improve it that way.

WP_20170103_21_01_31_Pro

I use plastic mosquito screen, glue it with tamiya extra fluid (green cap)

WP_20170103_22_53_42_Pro

One can add a second coat of mospuito net to make it more deep, but to me, once it will be painted and weathered, that will make it <_<

Hey look, the Aires corsaircorped engine go through the cowling without cutting the cylinder head, it happen so barely enough to be mentionned.

I think that I will open a bit the cowling flaps. That will be more realistic and after all, it was hot in July in Le Shima ^_^

I also spend some times on Corsair Mk II and my F3F-2 this one will appear in RFI in a week or 2, the F4U-4 and the Fw 190F-8 has received some attention too.

Nice modelling evening, I wish the same for you all.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Dears,

Here's some news from the jug.

Be carefull when using the Aires interior, I surely messed somewhere but whe I tried to put the Dashboard on...:unsure:

I'm not so clever in budhism nor the force was'nt with me. Mr Yoda did'nt teach me how to levitate thing.

The Dashboard is not width enough for the tub, so I had a plasicard bit as a support.<_<

WP_20170122_20_19_25_ProWP_20170122_20_19_38_Pro

Now, see what it give with my mosquito screen.B)

It's alway better than the bare plastic.^_^

WP_20170122_20_19_57_Pro

The cowling ring seem right, just a little bit of surfacer and sanding but very light.

WP_20170122_20_20_53_Pro

The engine is on too, going to be better, I'll add the rocker actuators and then sparkplug wiring.

I'll keep you in touch.

thank for watching.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 5

Thank you Bob,

Now, I must be carefull in adjusting the Dashboard. I think that I'll put the tub in a half fuselage.

Verifying the joint in closing the fuselage and then, cementing the Dashboard in lookin' sharply for the height and centering of the Dashboard.

I can't wait to close this one and then fitting the wings<_< now that all the levelling of all these panels that standed proud is finished.

I think that it was the most boring part of this realisation.

Thank you for following the topic.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Hello dears,

The end of an evening of modelling. Tryin' another beer, Sorry for the frenchies but this one is tasty, have a look...

WP_20170127_21_28_01_Pro

I will show the main issue with the P-47N kit, have a look

WP_20170127_23_11_37_Pro

The opening for the cockpit is wrong, far too large and the shape is not corresponding to the windscreen.

WP_20170127_23_11_26_Pro

Otherwise, the fit is generally good.

I will now add the Dashboard and then correcting the whole thing.

The problem has been noted in the Thunderbolt Détails and scale.

WP_20170127_23_10_40_Pro

See you later.

Corsaircorp.

• Like 5

Hello Bob,

First, I cut a thin part of plasticard that have the shape and dimension of the interior of the windscreen.

That will help to center the windscreen when the plug will be in place.

One can try it on each half fuselage before to close it, but be sure that the plug is the same on each sides.

That why, I choose to work that way, may be a mistake but, let's see....

Thank for watching.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Dears,

I spend some time on my big belly beast, here are pics,

WP_20170222_21_26_35_Pro

Main canopy is the same way, that would have been pretty refreshing to fly that way on the real thing.;)

WP_20170222_21_26_46_Pro

That's corrected, I'll try to find a photo of a P-47 cockpit sliding system and improving my job.

WP_20170222_22_54_56_Pro

The plasticard part is formed from the interior of the winshield and will be used as a guide to center it.

I opened the cowlin flaps, will makin'it thinner and more realistic.

Thank for watching.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bob Henry said:

Things appear to be working well .... so far.                  Bob H.

Thank you for the support,

I can't understand such a mistake on a kit from '90.

Build OOB, there is a hole between the cockpit and the fuselage

The aiming sight is a good meter far from the pilot's head and outside the windshield.

Incredible.:huh:

Have a pleasant day.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Hello Dears,

Back on my Pratt 2800, attaching the rocker actuator,

WP_20170226_21_43_27_Pro

I'm figuring out how to cope withe the cockpit,

meanwhile, I do some other things on the big belly beast.

Thank for watching.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 3

Oh Thank you, BH

pushrods, yesterday I was scratching my head trying to remember the name:unsure:

But to no avail,

May be, I become like the old french ladies,

they are looking at a military parade on the Champ Elysées,

The first ask the second...

Do you remember the name of that german soldier years ago ?

He make me forgetting everything, my brain was upside down..

The second just say, yes, Alzeihmer was the name, Alzeihmer !

Thank again.

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1