1/6 Tamiya Honda CB1100R

Hi all, this is the final reveal of the 1/6 Tamiya Honda CB1100R. I found that it was easier to bolt the bike onto the checker plate base that I had made for the Honda CX500 Turbo as it was a fiddle to work on without a center stand. I hope you all enjoy the pictures of this classic 80's muscle bike.

se4L8ll.jpg
D8lO7H2.jpg
0rT83gB.jpg
Ua1JQ6k.jpg
pulGucu.jpg
AnLuozM.jpg
NAuNhDq.jpg
FRL0ND7.jpg
XPLeb6S.jpg
LQbYhLu.jpg
vRKPqoo.jpg
er73JlE.jpg
1GKdYdd.jpg
Gg9lqA5.jpg
wjdKcQu.jpg
PNELs1i.jpg
16ruD5m.jpg
CnqUxEP.jpg
txqHqH6.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Billydick said:

Stunning finish Lee. What paints did you use for the bodywork and the silencers?

BillyD

Thanks mate!

It,s mipa 2k matt lacquer sprayed over an acrylic black base for the exhaust,for the bodywork and frame i used an automotive 2k clear over Mr Hobby Colors aqua paint,i found that by adding some 2k hardener to the Mr Hobby paint it made it dry off in about 4 hrs,otherwise it can take forever,but i wanted to use them because the colours looked spot on for the bodywork.My work in progress shows the paint colours used.

• Like 1

Lovely finished model mate, looks great on that stand as well, a real showroom look.

Probably my favourite bike of the 80's,

When the real thing first came out, I remember walking past one of these in the window of the Osborne Honda shop on East Hill in Colchester on the way to and from school.  Burned into my head ever since. 

And I also remember being bl@@dy cold stood at the Brands Hatch October Superbike Meeting watching Ron Haslam, Wayne Gardner & Joey Dunlop racing these against each other (because the Suzuki Katana opposition, possibly Mick Grant & Reg Marshall ?, were crap in comparison).  Digger Gardner using the indicators going into corners. Quality.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Maximum warp said:

Flawless, clean build. I like it very much! I love bike models and I have a soft spot for these 1/6th gems but I have yet to try one (got 3 in the stash). Well done Lee.

Cheers,

Erik

Thanks Erik,you really must try building one,they are not that hard once you get your head around the instructions,i tend to assemble as much as i can until i need to paint parts,then its just a matter of bringing all the sub assemblies together.

Its always nice to get the engine in the frame,and then the rear swing arm and suspension,then you almost done !

Great result Lee!

Great neat and clean finish,a cracking job!

I agree with your approach to the builds,I tend to treat each section of the bike as 'mini projects' and bring them all together to complete the job.

OK,What's next on the bench?   :)

Keep Sticking!

Cheers,  Pete

Edited by morty_3333

On 26/11/2016 at 3:45 PM, morty_3333 said:

Great result Lee!

Great neat and clean finish,a cracking job!

I agree with your approach to the builds,I tend to treat each section of the bike as 'mini projects' and bring them all together to complete the job.

OK,What's next on the bench?   :)

Keep Sticking!

Cheers,  Pete

Tamiya 1/6 CB750F is in my work in progress section.

Fabulous finish,flawless. Never had one,always wanted one,had to make do with a modded 900F instead,same family but the poor cousin! Look forward to seeing your next one. When bikes looked like bikes.....most are pretty ugly these days!

mtd