MS.406 + MS.410 1/72

Hi fellow modellers,

These are latest additions to my Finnish AF collection, the MS.410 has been built for the recent "Continuation War" book from Valiant Wings.

Brief summary:

MS.410 (MS-624) Azur, OOB except home-made centre canopy part, GSI paints, AK Worn Effect fluid for white distemper, Unit: 2/LeLv28 in March 1943, kers. U.Jakkola

MS.406 (MS-311) Hasegawa, Part etched, paints GSI, decals: Stratus Camouflage and Decals no.3, mud and oil leak effects: MIG Production pigments and AK Engine Oil enamel. Unit: kers. Antti Tani, 3 victories, 1/Lentolaivue 28, 1941.

Cheers

Libor

MS410_01_zpsc2qawawz.jpg

MS410_04_zpsz210agfu.jpg

MS410_02_zpsmxxmusw9.jpg

MS.406_05_zpsi63zlqai.jpg

MS.406_06_zpsrhzqhn0z.jpg

DSC_3829_zpsn8vniye5.jpg

• Like 48

Both excellent, but MS 410 from AZ even nicer than Hasegawa... It is perhaps due to winter camo, which is always very sexy :) - OK "apealing" B). The large radiator of 410 is something new...

Are you going to do Morko-Morane as well?

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Thanks chaps, glad you like them!

Jerzy_Wojtek: pozdrawiam, yes, Mörkö is in the pipeline too, hopefully not at so distant future...

AndrewCJ50: The greens are H405/H74 for MS.410/406, respectively. The "hair spray" technique is correct, although I used that AK fluid instead of my wife's hair spray can:-)

Cheers

Libor 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Redboost said:

Let me show it on a picture from the other build: the  pigment thinned with Pigment Fixer loaded on the brush is splashed on the surface using the airflow from the airbrush.

demo_zps2ilcbst1.jpg

Cheers

Libor

Essentially recreating what happens on a real plane when the engine's on. Airflow + a mud and water mix = lovely big mess behind the wheels and engine!