MENG 1/48 P-51D

Great build and super finish. Mengs Mustang seems better than Tamiyas one from your pictures. These new kits with snap fits are probably the future very similar to what Bandai is doing with Gundams. Maybe well have kits with both snap fit and glue parts in future too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Builder said:

Great build and super finish. Mengs Mustang seems better than Tamiyas one from your pictures. These new kits with snap fits are probably the future very similar to what Bandai is doing with Gundams. Maybe well have kits with both snap fit and glue parts in future too. 

That's truly similar with Gundam, but in fact, Meng wants to make it easier and faster build for modeller with skill and looking for a better kit.

4 hours ago, Mustango70 said:

Very nice build. The only thing that makes me scratch my head is the shape of the dorsal fin on your model. 

In Brett Green's build it is different and correct when compared to the real thing:

http://www.hyperscale.com/2016/features/mengp51d48constrbg_1.htm

Where does this difference come from?

I can't see the difference, did I make a mistake?

12 minutes ago, PattheCat said:

An American beauty, indeed. Nice paint and weathering, interesting and colourful markings. Your "homemade" seatbelts look really convincing. How do you make these?

Well, use this:

178650444201611250141378279811325121_000

Edited by PaladinLJJ
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PaladinLJJ said:

I can't see the difference, did I make a mistake?

See here. I have added the red line following the dorsal fillet. Compare it to Tamiya's dorsal fillet. And Brett Green's Meng model is different on this part. 

041031bl01lnuddk9u1s0d_zpsmbyckrbk.jpg

7 hours ago, Mustango70 said:

See here. I have added the red line following the dorsal fillet. Compare it to Tamiya's dorsal fillet. And Brett Green's Meng model is different on this part. 

041031bl01lnuddk9u1s0d_zpsmbyckrbk.jpg

I see. Well, that could be a manufacturing defect, I found left side of vertical tail have the same problem.

I was lucky, others were not, ha ha, look:

104840owh9kswr83u39w59.jpg