Strutz. Still available ?

Papertiger59

Thanks a lot Black Knight. I still have loads of Contrail plastic struts, but they're sometimes a little bit flimsy. I was looking for something stiffer (or more stiff, pardon my french ;) ).

But thanks for the John Aero tip, I'm looking for some Aeroclub WWI machine guns...

Chris.

18 hours ago, John Aero said:

PT59,

Please PM me as I have some loose stock in my private stash. What scale do you work in?

John

17 hours ago, limeypilot said:

If John can't help, I have a pack which I won't use.....

Ian

Thanks to both of you. John PM will be sent soon.

Regards, Chris.

For when the very last Strutz is utterly, utterly gone, bear in mind that bamboo, as in satay sticks, carves very easily and is very resilient. Okay, not as easy to shape as plastic stock, or strong as Strutz, but somewhere in between, and fairly cheap. Can be stained easily for a wood finish, and it's easy to CA wire into the ends for locating pegs.  Difficult to make undercarriage vees though, for which Strutz is near perfect.

Paul.

• Like 2

I use Albion Alloys brass tubes and squash them flat with a vice and Tamiya pliers. The tubing comes in a variety of diameters and can be filed and shaped to suit.  It is not flimsy and can be drilled into the wing.  I work in 1/72 scale.  

Andrew. 

• Like 3