Meteor F(TT).8 WE876

zebra

Just finished (apart from the pitot which has already broken off and will be replaced at some point) - Meteor F(TT).8 WE876 of 1574 flight, RAF Tengah, 1969 - Airfix 1/48, decals from Xtradecal

Lovely kit, mostly built when I needed a mojo restorer (and it did the trick) part way through building the VC10s. Xtradecals worked pretty well - didn't bend immediately round the leading edges, but micro set and sol and a bit of gentle pressure did the trick - although I suspect the dayglo stripes on the nacelles might be too long.

Nice, straightforward kit to build. There will be more Airfix Meteors in my future.

31048413412_d24e2483db_c.jpgAirfix 1/48 Meteor F.8 by Julian Griffiths, on Flickr

31048412732_b8f7a538d8_c.jpgAirfix 1/48 Meteor F.8 by Julian Griffiths, on Flickr

31048413672_11fae8c41b_c.jpgAirfix 1/48 Meteor F.8 by Julian Griffiths, on Flickr

31048418712_685e9a1622_c.jpgAirfix 1/48 Meteor F.8 by Julian Griffiths, on Flickr

• Like 34

Thanks everyone

The Meteor F.8 really was a good looking aeroplane wasn't it? The next one I build will have its looks spoiled though...

I love a colour scheme that's a bit different so couldn't resist this one - Meatbox8, I agree, I really like some of these second line schemes too.

WildeSau75 - yes the dayglo stripes are decals, they're from a dedicated Xtradecal sheet. I think I'd have picked a different scheme otherwise - wouldn't fancy masking off all those stripes!

• 2 weeks later...

This model is beautifully done.

I have also bought this kit and the Xtradecal X48160 for WE876.

The plan view of the Xtradecal instruction shows the aircraft having extended tabs on its ailerons, as circled in the image below.

I supposed the decal instruction sheet drawing is in error?

20161203_112709_1comp

Edited by YK GOH
missed out Xtradecal