Strange finnish Me 109 G-6 additional instrument panel

doorgunner

f2714935-58ec-4ad2-b994-3cd3a5ce9316_zps

Hello I come across a particular picture included in the book Me109G-6 Suomen Ilmavoimien Historia 6 by Stenman/Keskinen showing one of the finnish Me109 G-6 with an unusual additional lower instrument panel, fitted between the two lower side "horns".
The caption says it was fitted with the FuG16 device and also the breaker panel on the right hand side of the cockpit seems to be more busy than usual.
I recognize a compass in the middle and perhaps a turn/slip indicator on the left, but what about the dual gauge instrument on the right ? And what was present at the extreme left ?
My attention was also captured by a strange gauge on top of the engine cannon cover...what is this ?

Are there any other pics of such equipped Me 109 ?
TIA Ciao
Maurizio

Maurizio,

Going way out on a limb here. From what I have read, Bf-109G's were equipped with a Fug16Y radio and frequently with a  Fug10ZY, which when combined with the radio, could be used as a directional homing device. This required a Morane antenna under the wing, and a radio direction finder loop antenna on the fuselage spine. I would assume the instrument panel displays would have to include at least a compass as well as a strength meter of some sort. I think the display seen on the cannon cover might be the compass used to determine the direction of the signal received by the rdf antenna. I'm guessing here- maybe somebody out there can be of more assistance. Sorry!

Mike