Airfix Victor delayed?

Harrier/ViperFan

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:36 PM, Sobby_23 said:

If anyone is after a bargain....£41.23 with free postage. I know Gameseek has a bit of a reputation, not least here on BM, but...couldn't say no at that price and I paid via Paypal just in case.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/Hobzw9xer127wx

Mine (2nd one) arrived today - ordered Monday

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 10:13 AM, sloegin57 said:

Trouble is you will only be able to build one of the last five aircraft off the production line (XM714 - XM718) as they were produced with the drooped leading edge on the outer wings, as opposed to nose flaps, as on the kit.  Double trouble is you will only be able to XM716 which was the only drooped leading edge original Mk.2 to go to 139 Squadron.  The rest went to "Tatty Ton" and there are no decals in the kit for that squadron badge.

Decals for XM715 are provided on AirDecal sheet 7212, 100 Sqn, Wittering, 1963

Well Uncle - my Victor is still on its way (apparently!!). 

After no emails from Hattons to confirm shipment two weeks after my card was charged, I decided to poke the bear and ask to question myself. 

I wont bore you all to tears however I finally struck a pleasant lady via their web chat program and in the end Hattons was happy to go 50/50 with the additional charges as they accepted that their online postage quoting system is a bit naff. 

The extra money was quickly sent to organise express DHL shipping, however when I then enquired for a tracking number I was told that my kit had been sent via Royal Mail - which due to box size was where the problem started from in the first place!! 

So my kit will either be rejected by RM and sent back to Hattons or will actually arrive via Royal Mail after all. Uncle Dick - did your first Victor kit arrive via RM eventually? 

Im still in front overall so have stayed 'relatively' calm throughout - after all it's only a bit of nice looking plastic!! 

Cheers and enjoy the Christmas Pavlova's... Dave (a few kilos heavier this time of year!).. 

• Like 1

No luck with my kit, Heinkel H6 arrived which was purchased same time as the Victor though - go figure!

Never knew the Warsaw Pact air defences were so tough - first Victor shot down, second Victor missing in action!

Ah well, anyway I think I have bought more Airfix kits this year than ever before - starting to have "stash storage shortage" issues!

At least I did my bit to keep Airfix afloat for the past year!

Pleased to hear your Victor flight wasn't shot down so far just delayed!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Uncle Dick said:

Well Hattons have listed a single Airfix Victor for sale - so its either Dave's, mine or some other unfortunate soul's

Well, it's not mine - that arrived two days after Hattons shipped it DHL express. Mind you, this was only after they asked for £8 over what I had already paid them a week earlier.

All in all, it was worth it, given the quality of the kit. I console myself with the thought that the Great Wall 1/144th Victor is half the price but only one-eighth of the total volume!

A Merry Christmas to all - especially those without Victors, who should be in all our thoughts at this time of year.

Kevin

• Like 2

Hey, we here in the USA are still waiting for them to hit the LHS and mail and web order outfits. Squadron Mail Order does not have it listed; and, Roll Models is now taking pro-orders for the Victor, price $60.00USD. As an Airfix devotee, I am saving my pennies, nickels, etc. for this beauty!

• Like 2

So was this the one sent via Royal Mail, who were supposingly going to reject it due to the overall oversize dimensions? 

Good luck with the lotto draw. If you win you must promise to throw a victor kitbash party for all your modelling mates!! 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

Yes thats the one Dave (my second Victor Hattons refused to ship by Royal Mail so I cancelled it and refunded but out of pocket a few quid), this one that arrived was supposed oversize for Royal Mail so it should have been returned to Sender or not accepted at post office, also supposed very slow as surface shipping option chosen for 9 quid at the time, but arrives in 3 weeks! Slight downer was on opening the package, kit box had taken a hit and was partially deformed (caved in) at bottom not a great deal but enough to take the shine off the occasion!

Also on opening the kit box I noticed sure enough that there was at least 10 cm (maybe more) to spare on the horizontal longest side of the kit box that was just empty space, again as mentioned before I wish Airfix would take into consideration kit box dimensions as in these cases empty space (extra length) can cause some grief to us overseas customers with Royal Mail limits and postage charges - but marketing is marketing and apparently people will feel more justified in dishing out more quid for an extra mega impressive box size, if you have a look at the Airfix B-17G kit box it even worse with the amount of empty space - I think with that kit you could probably fit in the 2 kits worth of sprue in the one box!

Re if I win lottery - I think I could do better than just a Victor kit bash for mates, might have to be an all 2017 Airfix new tool release kit bash + Victor kit bash for good measure! :)

Cheers

Edited by Uncle Dick
  • Like 1

That's pretty pleasant news although damaged boxes are always a little annoying. 

If yours got through, then there's every chance that mine is also on the way. I ended up paying a little extra for DHL shipping although Hattons still ended up posting mine (mistakingly) via RM! I could even be due a credit for refund after all?

Happy NY and looking forward to the Airfix kitbash. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1