Airfix Victor delayed?

Harrier/ViperFan

17 hours ago, RichardPrice said:

I am surprised no one has started a build thread on the Victor yet - I've just unboxed and primed mine (I always prime mine on the sprue, its just how I like it) but don't want to be the first to do a thread :)

As soon as mine arrived a few weeks back I wanted to start it but haven't got around to buying the paints I need. 

I've not done a build thread before so was also waiting for someone else to go first :P

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RichardPrice said:

I am surprised no one has started a build thread on the Victor yet - I've just unboxed and primed mine (I always prime mine on the sprue, its just how I like it) but don't want to be the first to do a thread :)

Go on (and you Ian!) - you know you want to...

I think someone has started a B.1 conversion, saw pics in rumormonger, unsure if he they have started a dedicated post on it.

I won't get any bench time in until the other side of Christmas now.:angry:

Edited by 71chally

On 13/12/2016 at 4:30 PM, Caerbannog said:

Worth a try Sobby_23... To add to the thrill I ordered mine with Royal Mail... not trackable :wicked:

Thanks!

René

Out of interest, has yours been shipped? Unfortunately my Victor is not yet on its way. 

Well, I got the legendary e-mail from Hattons....

I had to pay another 22 quid for a DHL delivery because Royal Mail wouldnt touch it.

It still worked out a few quid cheaper than getting it direct from Airfix, and of course I wasnt to know Airfix's delviery was going to be brought forwards by a week anyway.

According to DHL mine is now in Austria and I am contented I will have one to unwrap on the 25th, which I wasnt sure was going to be the case with Airfix.

I am still saddened that Hattons are pulling out of model sales though.

4 hours ago, Sobby_23 said:

Out of interest, has yours been shipped? Unfortunately my Victor is not yet on its way. 

Not sure about mine. I guess not. Got a confirmation on the website and a code to check, but nothing has been charged from my credit card. I wrote a request by email today but no reply yet. The strange thing is that I did not need to create an account and I did not get any password either.

About 20 Minutes later the Victor was marked as sold out. If they have a bad reputation I can imagine why...

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, Simon Cornes said:

I have to say that the Victor is a pretty big chunk of plastic but agree that the box could be a bit smaller and nothing would get bent.

Regarding my missing kit - for which Hatton's of course have had the money, I of course e-mailed them and got a reply at around 8.20am the next day apologising for the error and saying she was going to refer the matter to their logistics team or whatever and they would post me another one free of charge (bad choice of words on their part, I have already paid !) and I e-mailed back to ask them to confirm when the second one was on its way and they replied to say they would - but I've heard nothing so far. So will I get Uncle Dick's cancelled order? Who knows but I wouldn't like to put money on it!! Having had a look at the one in my possession I have to say that it really does look exactly as it should and I bet Airfix won't be long in coming up with a  K2. I wonder if they'll do a B1? No reason why the can't with new intakes - I'm saying that based on the DB conversion for the Matchbox kit and now I'm wondering if the wing is a significantly different shape with the Sapphire installation? If its not a problem then Airfix could really clean up though.  

Simon

And so my second kit didn't turn up, despite the assurances so I logged onto their site on Monday and used their 'Live Chat' - which sort of went in fits and starts so I also e-mailed them but they were very apologetic and said that they would get one packed and posted to me that afternoon for delivery the next day. And it didn't turn up so I checked my account with them last night and it showed the kit as 'picked' but not packed so I sent another e-mail last night and got a reply this morning from Kelly Cox to apologise - again - and I then got one of their messages to say that the kit had been packed by Peter Warburton at 09.00 today and will be posted via Royal Mail next day. One snag, its Friday, the delivery address is my office so it'll turn up on Monday I expect. What's the moral here? 1) Check your account with Hattons to see what the status of the order is and 2) don't believe promises because they don't necessarily tell you the truth - or maybe the message doesn't get passed up the line properly!  To be fair the Hattons I expect they are run off their feet right now but you would think that they had a cock up department - or a trouble shooter who took 'ownership of things like this and sorted them out, outside their normal system. To be fair to Hattons, I've had no complaints before but we all know that sometimes, if things go wrong, they keep on going wrong - if someone doesn't get a grip!!

I have to say that the Victor is a pretty big chunk of plastic but agree that the box could be a bit smaller and nothing would get bent.

Regarding my missing kit - for which Hatton's of course have had the money, I of course e-mailed them and got a reply at around 8.20am the next day apologising for the error and saying she was going to refer the matter to their logistics team or whatever and they would post me another one free of charge (bad choice of words on their part, I have already paid !) and I e-mailed back to ask them to confirm when the second one was on its way and they replied to say they would - but I've heard nothing so far. So will I get Uncle Dick's cancelled order? Who knows but I wouldn't like to put money on it!! Having had a look at the one in my possession I have to say that it really does look exactly as it should and I bet Airfix won't be long in coming up with a  K2. I wonder if they'll do a B1? No reason why the can't with new intakes - I'm saying that based on the DB conversion for the Matchbox kit and now I'm wondering if the wing is a significantly different shape with the Sapphire installation? If its not a problem then Airfix could really clean up though.  

Simon

And so my second kit didn't turn up, despite the assurances so I logged onto their site on Monday and used their 'Live Chat' - which sort of went in fits and starts so I also e-mailed them but they were very apologetic and said that they would get one packed and posted to me that afternoon for delivery the next day. And it didn't turn up so I checked my account with them last night and it showed the kit as 'picked' but not packed so I sent another e-mail last night and got a reply this morning from Kelly Cox to apologise - again - and I then got one of their messages to say that the kit had been packed by Peter Warburton at 09.00 today and will be posted via Royal Mail next day. One snag, its Friday, the delivery address is my office so it'll turn up on Monday I expect. What's the moral here? 1) Check your account with Hattons to see what the status of the order is and 2) don't believe promises because they don't necessarily tell you the truth - or maybe the message doesn't get passed up the line properly!  To be fair the Hattons I expect they are run off their feet right now but you would think that they had a cock up department - or a trouble shooter who took 'ownership of things like this and sorted them out, outside their normal system. To be fair to Hattons, I've had no complaints before but we all know that sometimes, if things go wrong, they keep on going wrong - if someone doesn't get a grip!!

Simon

Simon

On 16/12/2016 at 0:28 PM, Simon Cornes said:

It arrived today so the saga is over! I think my pair cost around £47 each including postage so it was worth it I think - but I expect you'll be able to buy one for £45 from somewhere soon enough - don't know where though!! 

Simon

You lucky so and so's... 

I'm still in 'relatively' cordial discussions with Hattons as to why my card was charged on the 7th of December and my Victor has still has not been shipped yet! 

I have had to start all enquiries and investigations myself as no one from Hattons has had the decency to inform me of the required additional charges due to excessive box size. 

I even suggested that both Hattons and I split the additional charges as a sort of compromise, however I must have written this in another language as no one has mentioned this in any of Hattons email replies! 

As we sit, the latest 'option'

was for their logistics department to place the internal contents into a smaller box, however that was discussed last week with no reply to suggest that this was viable. 

So what looks to be my last Airfix purchase from Hattons has (unfortunately) not gone as well as I had hoped. 

Cheers... Victor-less Dave

This is all very unfortunate Dave. I wonder whether its worth asking Hannants how much they would sell you one for, including postage? With that information you may be able to negotiate with Hatton's? Equally, you then know what the worst case scenario is? I suppose its a matter of the cheapest option for you but it seems daft to talk about decanting the contents into another box. I can tell you that its not bigger than a Trumpeter 1/32nd F/A-18 box and those get shipped all over the place I see that Hatton's are also selling 1/24th scale Typhoons so they are not averse to shipping these kits everywhere I imagine. I've just had a look at Hannant's blurb and they say that they ship goods over 2Kg using Parcel Force via air mail and Hannant's get a large discount from Parcel Force which they pass on to the customer and parcels are tracked and must be signed for. They don't use UPS, TNT or Fedex due to high cost.Don't know what you think but it might be the best option and Hatton's are clearly a bit iffy about having large parcels shipped outside UK. Hatton's T & C's about shipping suggest that they give you a price when you put your destination details into the order so I'm surprised that they quoted a price and now don't want to play the game. I bet they will give you a full refund just to get out of the deal! Wonder how much Airfix would charge to ship one direct?

When you get one you will see it is worth it though - lovely kit IMHO !!

Simon

• Like 1

Thanks for the sympathy Simon. I'm sure it will all eventually work out, however it looks like my Chimbo tree will have a large space where this kit should have been. Not that this really matters, however from everyone's reports it would have been a nice modelling box to open on Christmas Day. 

I reckon your right about Hattons wanting to refund my money quickly just to get out of the deal, however I'm happy to ride it out a little longer to see where this goes (they've probably on sold it to someone else anyway!). 

I might even try their live web chat when the timezones line up later tonight. 

Cheers.. Dave 

19 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

GameSeek send me a mail today that they shipped the Victor to me :yahoo:

Well, quite a surprise as I did not expected this actually. Now I hope it does turn up at my door ;-)

René

Ha, maybe I should have stuck with them! In the end I've picked up one from Jadlam for £35 after applying some Nectar vouchers, whoop! 

• Like 1

My LHS has at least four Airfix Victors for sale (£60.00) so they are out there...  Because of my love for all things Victor, I had to glue my hands into my pockets and leave the shop as I've already got one via Hattons and I still have two Revell/Matchbox offerings to build.

That stop frame animation is absolutely brilliant!

Bob