Academy F-104G Starfighter

Well. I like it very much!

I did not even know Academy had a 104 in their catalogue. One never stops learning.

I can see some obvious shape issues, but that's not your problem.

You've done a great job and the painting is smooth and clean. And it's a F-104 after all, one of the sexiest plane ever built, so it's a winner in my book!

Congrats!!!

JR

5 hours ago, marevic1 said:

Nice clean build.
I think you've done a great job!

Jurgen

Thank you for your kind comment

34 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

A great looking F-104.

Thanking you

59 minutes ago, HansReggelsen said:

I can only eccoe what the others have said - you have gotten the most out of this! :goodjob:

..And I like it! :D

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

Thank you

1 hour ago, Mark4700 said:

Nothing wrong with your building technique. Very nice finish. :goodjob:

Thank you

1 hour ago, jean said:

Well. I like it very much!

I did not even know Academy had a 104 in their catalogue. One never stops learning.

I can see some obvious shape issues, but that's not your problem.

You've done a great job and the painting is smooth and clean. And it's a F-104 after all, one of the sexiest plane ever built, so it's a winner in my book!

Congrats!!!

JR

Thank you so much.

I agree with the others, you've done a fine job on this Starfighter, clean build and crisp paintwork. Very well done.   -Dave

p.s I have found lighting to be a big factor in photographing/presenting the model. The same model can look great/not at all great simply by changing the type/ angle of lighting relative to the model/camera...worth playing around with imho...

On 2016-11-21 at 3:39 PM, danntheman said:

This is my attempt at building this kit. But looking at quality here on this forum, I am a bit apprehensive, still here goes, all comments good bad or indifferent welcome.

Remember the best model is a finished model! God knows I'm worse than you ;) Well done on a clean build.

Super, super job on this kit. The paintwork looks excellent. If you ever feel like building another F-104 then look for the Hasegawa or Revell kits. They are much newer toolings than the Academy.

14 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Super, super job on this kit. The paintwork looks excellent. If you ever feel like building another F-104 then look for the Hasegawa or Revell kits. They are much newer toolings than the Academy.

Thank you for kind comments much appreciated.

On 25/11/2016 at 8:43 AM, Zippo the Zipdrive said:

Remember the best model is a finished model! God knows I'm worse than you ;) Well done on a clean build.

Thank you

On 26/11/2016 at 6:21 PM, sean said:

A good looking Starfighter Dan, it's a very basic kit but your paint finish brings out the best of it,

good job...

Sean

Thank you. I love these older and simple kits, so much fun to do, and I always think, this is a hobby not a job, so thank you so much for kind comment.

On 26/11/2016 at 7:10 PM, Victory-is-in-the-Kitchen said:

Great clean work. You've particularly done an excellent job of the canopy. What's next?

I have a Kfir in 1/72 might tackle next.